You can type here any text you want

Laptop will not connect to FAST system

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

IDOXLR8

In the past I have not had any issues making a connection from my laptop to my FAST system. Last night I tried making a connection and was not successful. With the key on I hit F2 and a box with two red dots appeared instead of 2 green dots. So I tried hitting F2 again with the key off and a box came up with one green light and one red light. Can someone give me some advice? Could my cable from my laptop to my FAST computer be bad?? Also I am running Windows 95 with my laptop. Thanks in advance.

2xdamn, me too.
I've tried 3 different adapters to go from USB to serial and cannot get one of them to work. Same thing, 1 red 1 green Cannot find ecu.

Did you try reloading the usb software? When I was using a toshiba lap top I found that I had to reload the software everytime I want to connect to the fast unit.

REG

I fixed it last night. When all else fails, read the directions. I went to the Adapter folder and there was a manager file in the folder that allowed me to change the com port of the adapter. It was set from the factory at com6. Changed it to com1 and it connected immediately.
all is good in the world now.
Thanks for your reply.

Back