You can type here any text you want

Late 80s droptop Vette

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbojimmy

Supporting Member
I'm still breaking the motor in, so I'm running about 12 psi (all I can get out of it with the WG solenoid disconnected).

I'm sitting at a light on a divider-separated 4 lane highway. Speed limit's 50. My light turns green as two Vettes blow the opposing light (slid through the light with a right on red kind of thing). They went screaming up the highway with a mid/late 80s coupe playing catch up to a late 80s droptop.

I left the light normally since there was a cop to my left waiting for the green arrow. Once outta sight, I got on it to catch up to the Vettes. As I approach, the coupe turned off leaving the droptop dead ahead. I roll up behind him at a light. He takes off normally, checks his rear view, and nails it. I responded in kind and immediately reeled him in. Seeing this, he let up and dropped down to about 10 over the limit. I stayed behind him.

As we approached another light, it turned red. He cut right to line me up next to him. Glutton for punishment, I suppose. I had already decided to let him go. I have street tires on and want to take it easy on the motor. A hard launch would result in a high RPM spin, which I didn't want. So far, I could easily run with this guy from a low-boost, part throttle punch.

He left the light normally, I left a little lighter and fell back to his rear quarter. Once he realized he was "winning" he nailed it again - about 100 feet from the light. I did the same, again part throttle and about 10 psi and rocketed past him. He threw in the towel and eventually disappeared into traffic further up the road. Up the road I ran into a loud LT1 Z28 who wanted to play, and a new BMW M-coupe. There was too much traffic, though, so I let them go on their way - weaving and bobbing through traffic. "Beating" that GN, I guess. Both might have been more than my 12 psi could handle, though.

Jim

They never learn. Probably thought it was a black Monte Carlo.:D

Good Kill..:p

Looking at your setup, you could have handled those other two cars.. even on 12# I believe

good kill!

Great Kill.....I think personally you could have wasted both the Z28 & the M3 w/only 12 psi's looking @ your combo.....

Todd

Back