You can type here any text you want

Latest Hood liner Thread

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

williamsGN

'Horse sneeze' addict
What is the latest on hood liners ? I remember the form fitting one thought I can't seem to find it, anyone have luck with it? I'll looking for an economical fix to mine, I would run without it but fear burning the hood paint as I don't have a heat shield. Some have used
a 'boot' for the exhaust section, has that worked for anyone without a liner? How about hoodliners.net products? TIA

Last edited:
Black rubber foam???
Invest in a turbo blanket and a portion of the dp wrapped.
Forget the liner.

What is the latest on hood liners ? I remember the form fitting one thought I can't seem to find it, anyone have luck with it? I'll looking for an economical fix to mine, I would run without it but fear burning the hood paint as I don't have a heat shield. Some have used
a 'boot' for the exhaust section, has that worked for anyone without a liner? How about hoodliners.net products? TIA

I got a new GM blank 8 hole pad from my local Buick dealer Part number 25525977 a few months ago for a little over 200 dollars. It took about 5 weeks to get it.I bought a stencil from a board member but I don't think he has anymore.I haven't put the letters or logo on yet. I need to find what paint or what ever to use.

I think I saw one OEM 9 hole pad on eBay @ over $3000. Ha! Take a hike mister!

f you don't care if you have an OEM or close to OEM hood pad. You can make your own.

I used some H2 Metro black fiberglass - one side dark (other side heather) quite a while ago. These days eBay has a couple pads at Jeg's & The Parts Place. Also Collector Auto Supply has eBay #195714616361. Collector also sells direct and often runs a 10% off for 1st time purchase. FakeyFleebay might have FREE SHIP?!

I cut my own pattern - precuts were not offered then (olfart here). I designed most of my own logo & found fonts (sizes) to make stencils. Applied them with a fabric adhesive (It paid to talk to my wife ;) ). I used silver wheel paint - I think Duplicolor.

I'm prejudiced but it turned out great as far as I care. The hardest part was getting the holes right on my blank pad. Lucky I Had a spare hood to play with.

One last note - I found a 2 foot square of FOIL backed 3/8" felt (at an auto upholstery shop). Adhered it to the underside of the hood above the turbocharger - foil side toward engine.

The whole thing came in under $100 at the time. My cheapo version was custom, nice, & left money for other things!! I'll try to find a picture.

Back