You can type here any text you want

Launch assist

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

smallv6

Still in Block Learn Mode
Will this help with Turbo lag on the street?
Or is it just good for building boost at the line.

Its really intended for staging.

It helps spool a turbo thats too big for your torque converter.

Bob

Hey Bob I used this this friday and my car loaded up cuz some dumb Azz in a vette wanted to groof off,, I spooded it up around 14 PSI and was ready to give it hell but the dude wanted to do two burn outs so I had to back off and when he was ready I did it again and came out off the hole falling on its face bad ,, laoded up I have a TE-62 turbo with a PTS 3600 Stall,, With out useing it I can only get like maybe 6 PSI SO getting it up to 14 PSI out of the hole I was like this is going to be alot of fun :eek:
Thanks for any input,
Seneca Lafler,,

It works well when your turbo and convertor combo isn't exactly matched like TuboBob said.

I did some testing with launch assist while back on my GN. It's running a PTE-51 with a stock D5. With a 5 psi launch and launch assist on my 60ft dropped 0.1 consistantly over having it turned off. I wanted to see how much it helped the turbo spool up once I floored it off the line with a low boost launch. Obviously it helps.

My T-Type on the other hand is running a TE-63E with a 9/11 3,700 stall and made no difference with it on or off.

I think each car will react a little differently.

You go through a sequence stated in the instructions to turn the launch assist on or off. Once on when you power brake from a stop to build up boost it will kick on. You'll see the check engine light flicker on. Once you release the brakes and your car launches it will automatically turn off. What it exactly does I guess is Bob's ancient chinese secret. ;)

Gotcha I understand the concept, I'm curious how it's implemented in the chip. Is this a timing modification, code modification? That type thing.

Charles Brooks

This thread went pretty quiet.

Would any of the chip gurus mind taking a crack at this? I'm really curious how launch assist is implemented in a chip.

Charles Brooks

That's because not every chip programmer will give away his secrets. Some of these guys have got many years of R&D put into them.

Back