You can type here any text you want

Launch with boost

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

mojilla

Has anybody ever installed a proportioning valve on there car to put more brake pressure to the rear brakes? Would this allow me to lauch with more boost? Any info would be great.
I am not talking about holding 7-10psi at the line, but atleast 2-5psi would be nice.
THANKS Joe Miller

A proportioning valve can only decrease pressure, not increase pressure. They're typically installed to adjust rear brake bias.

Have u tried using the e brake yet? I have to fix my ebrake but what i do is before I power brake it, throw it in Neutral and rev the car up while pushing down the brake pedal as hard as you can. You should be able to hold some more PSI like that before you start building boost.
~Murt

You may want to consider changing your master cylinder. Your stock brake set up should be able to hold the boost your looking for.

HTH: jason

Hi Joe!

Does the tires spinn?
Are you running with slicks or DOT tires?
If you use "normal" street tires they starts to spinn very early, with slick tire you can build up more boost.

a few years ago, peopl were using a device called a jumper valve to bypass the proportioning valve. it allowed more fluid pressure to the rear brakes. i have it on my 86 and it works good. Normally, i can hold about 5 psi of boost. But with the jumper valve switched on, i can hold about 15. Ron's Custom Auto in NJ sells them . Paul Ferry from HR Parts and Stuff has one on his car too. Mine was on the car when i bought it so i dont know where its from. Hopefully, this same product will help the TTA guys out too.

Hey joe hows it goin.

Hey Postal, when ya coming up here for a whuppin ...J/K!

surej

What's up Dr Boost? Thanks for the info, I am going to check that jumper valve out.
Joe

What convertor are you running? Went 1.55 with 2 lb.launch, 1.61 with a zero. 49 turbo with 3000 Vigilante

Change of brake fluid....

mojilla, my TTA spins the tires pretty easily too :)

I was hypothecizing that if I changed 99% of the brake fluid, brake efficiency should increase significantly - Might even hold more boost on the start. My goal is low 12's, high 11's, don't need a very hard launch.

Brake fluid absorbs moisture and gets contaminated after a few years. I'm going to try the fluid change when it gets warm enough. :) A power bleeder is the way to go if you can get the use of one for an afternoon.

Any comments from you experts ;)

Back