Leakdown %?????

SNOWBIRD

What Should Leakdown % Be On A New Rebuilt Engine With A Couple Of Hundred Miles On It...i Have No Problems ,just Wondering What I Should Exspect.

OK I DID A LEAKDOWN LATE LAST NIGHT.....8 % LEAKDOWN ON ALL CYLIDERS. ENGINE HOT,PISTONS AT TDC....I would of liked to see lower numbers... COMMENTS

Not bad.. Was the block honed w/ a plate? Gapless rings?
If not, ring end gaps filed to fit?
All could affect the leak numbers.

I use gapless top rings. Block was bored and honed using an aluminum honing plate. Leakdown is still at 1 to 2 percent. Using metric rings.

OK I DID A LEAKDOWN LATE LAST NIGHT.....8 % LEAKDOWN ON ALL CYLIDERS. ENGINE HOT,PISTONS AT TDC....I would of liked to see lower numbers... COMMENTS

There are other factors involved in this situation, how was the engine broke
in, what A/F ratio is engine run at, what kind of water tempertures. I have
seen numerous engines destroyed because of the above problems .

Yes ,torque Plate ,,,no Gapless ,,,,file To Fit ,,,,this Is A 250 Stroker With Je Pistons

Engine temp for the first 300 miles about 180 to 190 ,,this summer ,now engine is runniing cooler 170 due to cooler weather.....I MUST admit that on wot blasts ,af mixture was rich..10 to 1 but these are rare as i hardly drive the car ,and probely put 500 miles on new motor ....cruise af 14.5 to 1 engine runs well does not smoke , ENGINE HAS NOT SEEN ANY TRACK TIME AND HAS BEEN UNDER BOOST (24) PSI FOR A COUPLE OF SECONDS AT A TIME YES METANOL INJECTED

COMPRESSION ,useing a 25 year old snap on comp guage that was hardly used ,sitting in the bottem of my old tool box 210 210 camshaft roller 175 lbs on all cyls after spinning crank 3 times

Question......i Am Wondering. Iused A Compressor With A 3 Gal Tank ,at 100 Lbs ....compressor Was Set To Start At 120 ....could The Small Tank Capacity Affect My Readings..........as You Can See I Am Retired And Dont Have Much To Do...lol.....maybe Chuck Leeper Can Take Me In

Leakage

Another thing to consider is were is the leakage going , you can reduce your
number typically but rapping on the rockers to clean the carbon off the valve
seats.I have seen as much as 10% picked up by doing this. If you have a
small amount of leakage at three different points it will add up to one big
number!