You can type here any text you want

leaking brake pressure switch

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

stevek

I just had my power master brake cylinder rebuilt at cardone, my pressure switch was replaced there but it seems to have a small leak around base of switch, I replaced the o ring at top of switch but still leaks, is this the only o ring that goes on switch, any ideas thanks

Yep! I haven't run the p/m in years, but whin I had a problem w/a new switch leak, I ended up using teflon tape to seal it. You don't want that brk fluid spraying on your fender. It won't be pretty, it took the paint off the inside of the fender on my year old 87 white "T".

the new aftermarket switches come with the wrong O-ring. it's too small. you might try to find an original switch even if it's a bad one and steal the O-ring.

highway stars has Delco switches that come with the correct O-ring.

hey thanks for the reply ill see if i have old one around but the one that i put on the unit before sending it to cardone was just purchased from kirban, cardone said it was defective so they replaced it when rebuilt. thanks again

the new aftermarket switches come with the wrong O-ring. it's too small. you might try to find an original switch even if it's a bad one and steal the O-ring.

highway stars has Delco switches that come with the correct O-ring.

There are no aftermarket brake switches. They are all original GE switches with the same o ring no matter where you buy them.

Pete

There are no aftermarket brake switches. They are all original GE switches with the same o ring no matter where you buy them.

Pete

I wish I could post a pic for you. Sensors are identical, but O-rings are definitely incorrect. This statement is 100% accurate based on first hand experience.

ok. I'll check our stock to make sure they are correct. We sell 10 to 15 switches a week and this is the first one we have known about. I believe you.

Pete

I don't think GE is going to make any more after this run of them.

Pete

Back