You can type here any text you want

led tail lights ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1984 t-type

Murphy's Law
Does anyone know of a company that makes the led tail light kits for our cars that uses all 3 sections and not just the inner and outer ones ?

Does anyone know of a company that makes the led tail light kits for our cars that uses all 3 sections and not just the inner and outer ones ?
I have all 3 section.

It doesn't come that way. I called spaghetti engineering and asked them to do it special for me. But no one told me they don't fit!

You see, it's a real pain in the ass to get all 3 boards in and make them look good. First off, in order for them to look good to begin with, I moved the boards further back behind the lens so the individual dots get further blurred out by the inner embossed waffle pattern. I had to dremel out the corners of the cups to do this. Then I had to make my own spacers for the screws and seal with silicone the back where I ground through with the dremel. This puts the boards closer to each other and lessons the distance in the middle for the center panel. But even if I didn't do that, the center still doesn't fit. You will have to be very crafty and creative to get it to work and then be sure water doesn't get in. Otherwise it will just look like some ghetto hack job.

I have my tail lights set up so that the middle is always lit when the lights are on like stock. And just the outsides are sequential (brake, blinker, hazards). But you can have the centers go brighter when hitting the brakes. Problem is, if all the lights are bright when braking, then the idiot behind you may not realize your brakes are being applied without the contrasting brightness. And it looks cool to have just the outsides do all the work anyway.

I looked into spaghetti before looks like they got sold to digi-tail guess I'll give them a call. Thanks for that information.

BAAAAAHAHAHA, perfect!

The "Disco Inferno" reference was about all those red lights up in the ceiling.........., that, and my 23 year old son's comments about how lately, so many older cars have been "Disco'd Up" with LED's.

Original "appearing" might not be cool anymore, but it's what I do. My car is far from "original", but it does look as if it is.

IMHO, "Brighter" doesn't necessarily mean "better", but Y'all can do whatever the heck you want.

Carry on. :)

Last edited:
BAAAAAHAHAHA, perfect!

The "Disco Inferno" reference was about all those red lights up in the ceiling.........., that, and my 23 year old son's comments about how lately, so many older cars have been "Disco'd Up" with LED's.

Original "appearing" might not be cool anymore, but it's what I do. My car is far from "original", but it does look as if it is.

IMHO, "Brighter" doesn't necessarily mean "better", but Y'all can do whatever the heck you want.

Carry on. :)
I wasn't a big fan of the LED thing. And I wouldn't buy them.

Jack Cotton had a set sitting around his shop for 2 years. He kept trying to jam them down my throat. He wouldn't put them on any of the "real race cars" because he thought they looked f*cking gay. And I agreed. He think's my car is a gay man's "powder puff" anyway that has never been pushed so they would work for me.:rolleyes:

Finally he just threw the box at me and said "Take them, get them out of my shop!". So, I figured that if there was a way I could make them less gay, I would use them. I succeeded only somewhat.
That's when I decided to find a way to set them back as far as I could from the face of the lenses. This helps hide the silly dots.

But like everything I do, I went full retard. I called and ordered up the extra LED boards. I waited till winter time and made it a coffee table project.

I'm not certain I love them either. But for free, I got them to look better.

So now, instead of looking full blown flaming gay, My ride looks metro-sexual.:eek:

Back