You can type here any text you want

Left wheel peel!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

AEnglish87

I realize until I have time to take the cover off, change the fluid and check for either an open diff or burnt clutches I won't know for sure, just find it funny and odd that 8/10 times I do a burnout or lose traction the drivers side tire goes up in smoke, no funny noises or vibrations. Any takers for a guess or is this more common than I thought. The other times it'll spin both or just the right rear. But I've normally only see one wheel peels from the right side on any car I've ever seen lol.

Jack the rear up so both wheels are off the ground and spin one side. If it's an open unit the opposite side will spin the other direction. If it's a posi it will resist spinning even if it's worn out.;)

I had a PEG Leg in my T. It was an option for the T's. Check your RPO sticker on the Trunk lid.

I had a PEG Leg in my T. It was an option for the T's. Check your RPO sticker on the Trunk lid.

Yea check the rpo.I have a 86 buick regal W-11 T Type with the G86 rearend (pegleg) an yes she does the same thing you say.some days I have posi,an some days I'm peg legged.but still 8.5 housing.G-80 is a posi.

I realize it's probably not a posi, as far as the the rpo sticker mine says G87, I was more wondering why in a straight line, why the left tire is spinning on it's own. Maybe it's a buick thing, but even the older gentleman at work who is a die hard hot rodder thought it was really weird that the left tire burns off. My monte carlo only ever spun the right rear, same as my truck and any other burnout I've ever seen inflicted by a PEG leg.

Jack the rear up so both wheels are off the ground and spin one side. If it's an open unit the opposite side will spin the other direction. If it's a posi it will resist spinning even if it's worn out.;)
I've spun it in the air before and figured it was a peg as they do rotate opposite , just the whole left side thing kind of boggles my mind lol. Guess too many people skipped that option code :(

It all depends on traction resistance and torque as far as I know. so if you had more weight or torque on one side or the other one side will spin.

what?
until the late 87extended run all regals received an open rear unless they opted (and paid ) for the optional G80(posi) , only exception was the GNx which had posi as standard
the G87 rpo just denoted that the rear was an 8.5 as all std regals received the 7.5 rear and all turbo regals (regals limited, gns, t's ,ttypes) received the 8.5 and only the 'turbo' regals

if your rpo sticker shows G87 but no G80 then it was a factory open diff 8.5 rear

after 25yrs unless you know the history of the car the rpo means little as things can and very well may have been changed . jack the car up and spin it and see or open the cover and see whats in there as some (many) factory posi were replaced with aftermarket posi units like auburn and eaton or could even have a powertrax , there may not even be a posi where one was and it may not even be an 8.5 rear

what?
until the late 87extended run all regals received an open rear unless they opted (and paid ) for the optional G80(posi) , only exception was the GNx which had posi as standard
the G87 rpo just denoted that the rear was an 8.5 as all std regals received the 7.5 rear and all turbo regals (regals limited, gns, t's ,ttypes) received the 8.5 and only the 'turbo' regals

I stand corrected it was an option for ALL Turbo Regals except The GNX. What I was hinting at was if it denoted G80 on the RPO it was with an optioned limited slip dif.

Just cause it says G-80 does not mean there's a posi unit still on it. Some owners take the cheap route and don't replace the posi.

Back