Lesnar vs. Couture

Lesnar. Randy has not been in the ring for a while and he is 45 year old now. I don't think Randy will match up well with someone of Brock's size and strength. I won't count Randy out, but IMO if your gonna beat Brock, it has to be by submission which Randy does not do. He is a ground and pound guy and both fighters want to take it to the floor. So with that in mind, its not going to be one of those entertaining fights.

I thought this was in Vegas because they were have problems in Portland...
I am not sure what to make of this.
Nog should fight Randy for the belt.
Giving Brock a title shot with a 2-1 MMA record is a joke.
Let Brock fight Gonzoga, Kongo or Hardonk...

Ok, now that I am done complaining, I will order this fight.
I am not a huge fan of Randy but I can't stand behind a ex Pro Wrestler...

Now for the question.
How does this get him closer to fighting Fedor? (original goal)
I guess only Dana and Lorenzo know.
Anything is possible in MMA, but I just don't see where Randy hurts the Russian.
Randy did not seem as confident when he challenged Fedor after the Sylvia fight. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Here is my take:biggrin:

This is Dana's chance to stick it to Randy...

Think about it. If Brock wins Randy #'s go wayyyyy down... You know his pride is going to want a rematch. So Dana must figure he will have to come crawling back to the UFC and want a rematch at a very cheap price with a big pay day for Dana!!!

Here is my take:biggrin:

This is Dana's chance to stick it to Randy...

Think about it. If Brock wins Randy #'s go wayyyyy down... You know his pride is going to want a rematch. So Dana must figure he will have to come crawling back to the UFC and want a rematch at a very cheap price with a big pay day for Dana!!!

Yeah but if Randy wins that will be Randy's way of sticking it to Dana considering he (Dana) is trying to hype Brock as being the next best thing since sliced bread! I hope Randy destroys Brock, but considering his size and the speed that he has shown I'm not sure it will be that easy. We will see.

I was hoping to see Randy Couture fight Triple H, or maybe Kurt Angle.... this WWE crossover non-sense is a joke regardless of what Brock Lesner was, this is reminiscent of Rocky Balboa vs. Thunderlips... UFC what a circus it has become... :mad:

I was hoping to see Randy Couture fight Triple H, or maybe Kurt Angle.... this WWE crossover non-sense is a joke regardless of what Brock Lesner was, this is reminiscent of Rocky Balboa vs. Thunderlips... UFC what a circus it has become... :mad:

Really? Did you see what Brock Lesnar did to the "texas crazy horse"? Brock has (developing) skills, power and great conditioning. He is capable of fighting some of the toughest UFC heavyweights, with only 2 fights under his belt. There is no alliance between WWE Entertainment, and the sport of MMA. If you ask me, the biggest circus in this sport is Kimbo Slice fighting wash-ups and nobodies in EliteXC. Brock Lesnar is no joke, and nobody else from the WWE can compete at the level he is at.

Randy shocked everyone before. Wouldn't be surprised to see him do it again.

Should be a good fight.

Brock will wear him down.

Lesnar via decision

The days of guys winning with brute strength but lacking technique are mostly over. I'm not saying Lesnar cannot beat Randy, just that I think he will get exposed, like he did against Mir. I really do not consider laying on someone for 5 rounds (especially when you outweigh the opponent by 50 lbs)what anyone wants for the Heavy weights. I understand MMA is a business, but bringing in brutes is not good for the sport. I guess we will see...

I really do not consider laying on someone for 5 rounds (especially when you outweigh the opponent by 50 lbs)what anyone wants for the Heavy weights.

Yea.. you always end up looking like this when someone lays on you for 5 rounds.

Heath-Herring.jpg

Should be an interesting fight!! Randy is a smart fighter and will train appropriately, bet he works on his submission skills! This fight will show us if brock is for real.