You can type here any text you want

let me hear some oppinions here.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbows6

I'll have my TTA back on the road within the week, and I want to see what some of you think about what would be a better sleeper look. Honestly a lot of people don't know what a TTA is when they see one (They think it's an old slow GTA), but do you think the car is more of a sleeper with the door and window decals or without them? Can you even get replacements for them if you take them off?

Car should get into the 10's.
RJC girdled block / balanced and blueprinted
206 cfm after portwork/ 212 cam
Turbonetics 66 ball bearing
3200 vigilante multi disk
3" dp
TT chip/ 60# mototrons/ razors alcohol kit
Spohn adjustable Torque arm

Ps. I feel a little retarded for notching the k frame on a 50k mile cloth interior car now that collectors are on here trying to scoop them up. good thing I kept the part I notched out. Nothing a welder and a little finesse couldn't put back to stock.

I'll have my TTA back on the road within the week, and I want to see what some of you think about what would be a better sleeper look. Honestly a lot of people don't know what a TTA is when they see one (They think it's an old slow GTA), but do you think the car is more of a sleeper with the door and window decals or without them? Can you even get replacements for them if you take them off?

Car should get into the 10's.
RJC girdled block / balanced and blueprinted
206 cfm after portwork/ 212 cam
Turbonetics 66 ball bearing
3200 vigilante multi disk
3" dp
TT chip/ 60# mototrons/ razors alcohol kit
Spohn adjustable Torque arm

Ps. I feel a little retarded for notching the k frame on a 50k mile cloth interior car now that collectors are on here trying to scoop them up. good thing I kept the part I notched out. Nothing a welder and a little finesse couldn't put back to stock.
I am up in the air on this one,maybe leave the door stickers off ,but put all emblems back on and do a pontiac sticker on windsheild...

or you could go this route...:cool:

picture.JPG

personally hate the door decals:eek: my TTA has them :rolleyes: BUT no one is goin to see them :biggrin:

I would feel bad taking the emblems off if they were not replaceable, but I think the car would look a lot better without them, so since I see I can buy them I'm probably going to get out my pin stripe remover within the near future....

I bought a set of those door handle decals too. I like the look without the big decals myself.

Keep in mind, if you take the decals off, you won't know what color differences might be under the decal until after you take the decal off.... :)

True, but I'd say if there is any discoloration it would wet sand/ buff out. If not, I'm a pretty good painter.

lol

People dont know what they are with or without the stickers on them.

Mine has the stickers on it(prior owner) I sure as hell wouldnt have put them on lol.

Even with the turbo badges and 20th aniiversary logo and Officlial Pace Car on the doors, when out and about 1-10 get it right.

Its a Turbo Trans AM but not a 20th

Its a 20th and not a TTA

Sam Kinison died in a car like this but it wasnt a TTA or a 20th.

Also gotten "I owned a Turbo trans Am but it wasnt a 20th"

All the above are stupid things idiots have said to me out in public when I have had my car.

Plus one owner of a TTA somewhere out here who is a real stroke from my own and several other close friends accounts lol Wont talk to and thinks hes special, I'm waiting till I'm back from school and get the trans done, then I can be all high and mighty as he stares at my turbo logo on the back.

Got my car with the door decals on and the original set still in the owner's kit (per the letters I have in the docs, the dealer applied new door decals in 89 when the car came back in to have the backordered TTA fender emblems applied - saving the original door decals).

I didn't like the door decals since I always liked the clean lines of the fbody and am not a big fan of stripes, two tones, or loud graphics. I would have kept the emblems on if a) the cars were always delivered that way or b) I didn't have the original set.

Once I made the call, I simply heated the decals inch by inch with a hair dryer on low and peeled them off. No abrasive, no tool - No fade marks left on the car - usually isn't with a clear coat but mine has low miles and has been garaged 100% so that helped. MUCH better look w/o the decals IMHO.

I don't care what others "recognize" when they see it. I agree that about 50% of the people who look at it (decals or not) don't have a clue. If you're street racing, w/o the decals you might trick a few more people.

ohhhh - if there's a little residue left, just use one of the citrus based cleaners like Goof Off and then apply a good cleaner & wax.

I like those door handle inserts - If my car didn't have 1,200 mile on it I might be tempted to slap those on! The price is unreal ...

I don't find many people that know what a TTA is. But then again, there weren't a lot that knew what a GNX was just a few years ago. Fingers crossed!

I have two full sets of the emblems in my car. The original owner ordered another set when he picked up the car, I have the invoice for it. Why he needed two - Not sure.

Mike M

I like those door handle inserts - If my car didn't have 1,200 mile on it I might be tempted to slap those on! The price is unreal ...

I don't find many people that know what a TTA is. But then again, there weren't a lot that knew what a GNX was just a few years ago. Fingers crossed!

I have two full sets of the emblems in my car. The original owner ordered another set when he picked up the car, I have the invoice for it. Why he needed two - Not sure.

Mike M

Mike, your car should have plain white inserts. They came with them from the factory I believe.

Jason

It does have the plain white inserts as it should. I was just concerned about sticking something over them, since it wouldn't technically be 'original' and might damage the originals.

Yes, I know I need to buy a TTA to drive instead of just having one to look at :-)

Back