You can type here any text you want

Let's hear what....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1fast6

your using on the paint on your GN and Black T's.

I have been working like crazy removing halagrams out of the paint on my GN.
What a PITA!

So what is everyone using to clean and wax?
Jeff

For defect removal you can't beat Meguiars 105/205 and a rotary.

After all defects are removed, I like to use Megs #7 Show car glaze topped with Megs #26 Yellow Carnauba wax.

It really all depends on what kind of paint you have, single stage, clear-coat, etc.

When I first got my GN, the paint was dull and looked like crap.

I started with using a clay bar over the entire vehicle. Next, I used a medium cut compound from 3M, white compound w/white pad. Then I used Maalco Nanocare cream polish w/a gray pad to bring the black back to a luster. Final stage in paint work was pink swirl remover applied by hand. Put on a fine coat of Meguairs Tech Wax 2.0 and its ready to rock.

I drove it all summer and the car looked great for the condition the paint is in. I recently washed it last week, and used a light coat of Meguiars Cleaner wax to get any light contaminants off the surface.

When I first got my GN, the paint was dull and looked like crap.

I started with using a clay bar over the entire vehicle. Next, I used a medium cut compound from 3M, white compound w/white pad. Then I used Maalco Nanocare cream polish w/a gray pad to bring the black back to a luster. Final stage in paint work was pink swirl remover applied by hand. Put on a fine coat of Meguairs Tech Wax 2.0 and its ready to rock.

I drove it all summer and the car looked great for the condition the paint is in. I recently washed it last week, and used a light coat of Meguiars Cleaner wax to get any light contaminants off the surface.

Was it the original paint? If so, the factory paint was single stage. I wish my car still had factory paint on it, you can pretty much bring back any single stage paint to a beautiful finish as long as its not down to the primer or checked up.

Here are a couple of pics of a 91 Mustang GT I did a few weeks ago. Paint was original single stage. Color came out pretty well. If this was clear coat paint, no way to bring that back...

Attachments

• Hood - Before.jpg
    Hood - Before.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 188
  • Hod - After.jpg
    Hod - After.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 195
  • Front  - Before.jpg
    Front - Before.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 178
  • Front - After.jpg
    Front - After.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 196
For defect removal you can't beat Meguiars 105/205 and a rotary.

After all defects are removed, I like to use Megs #7 Show car glaze topped with Megs #26 Yellow Carnauba wax.

It really all depends on what kind of paint you have, single stage, clear-coat, etc.

Good info here. thanks.
I wet sanded car with P2000 to remove the peel then hit it with a wool pad and meg 105. Then used black waffle pad with 3M foam pad polishing glaze. I will look into the #26 yellow.

Paint is bc/cc.

My car has an older, mediocre repaint in base/clear. It had been neglected, there were/still are some fine scratches in the paint but I was able to lift most of them... and then a semi blew a retread all over the front end :mad:

Now it looks good from 6 inches away. :)

Oh ok, so you got the holograms from the wool pad/105? The 3M glaze and black pad should get rid of the holograms but if not, try a white pad (has a bit more cut) then follow up with the black.

As far as the wax, pretty much any good wax will do, I just like 26 and have been using it for years. They actually sell it in liquid form in most of the parts stores now for around $10. Cant miss it, its in one of the Megs professional brown bottles.

The new Gold Class Carnauba is pretty good too if you like paste. I dont dwell on wax too much, a lot of hype over whats the "best", etc. Its the polishing/prep work that will really make the car shine.

My car has an older, mediocre repaint in base/clear. It had been neglected, there were/still are some fine scratches in the paint but I was able to lift most of them... and then a semi blew a retread all over the front end :mad:

Now it looks good from 6 inches away. :)

Yea, thats pretty much what mine has, mediocre bc/cc done about 6 years ago. Looks ok i guess, definitely want to get it redone though at some point.

Sucks about the tire...really hope that never happens in front of me.

Yea, thats pretty much what mine has, mediocre bc/cc done about 6 years ago. Looks ok i guess, definitely want to get it redone though at some point.

Sucks about the tire...really hope that never happens in front of me.

My repaint is at least 10 years old. It wasn't take care of at all. I do detailing at my shop at home, so paintwork wasn't an issue to me. Mine is definately not a "Best of Show" car, but its a damn nice driver that's brought home a decent amount of plastic hardware from car shows this year.

I too want to have mine redone at a point, but I also don't want to be scared to drive it either :)

Yea, thats what Im a little worried about. Afraid Ill go through all the trouble and spend all the money then not drive the thing because I dont want to get a little dust on it.

Yea, thats what Im a little worried about. Afraid Ill go through all the trouble and spend all the money then not drive the thing because I dont want to get a little dust on it.

This is true... But after you get that 1st scratch:eek: you can start to relax a little:biggrin:

Back