life expectancy of a drag radial

OneLethal87GN

R.I.P. Lethal GN
I want to buy a new set of the BFG G-Force Drag Radials. My car is driven daily and gets about 50-100 miles per week. How long can I expect these tires to last under these conditions, and do you think BFG Comp T/As would be better?

They'll last about a year under those conditions, less if you race often.

my nitto's have about 8k on them, and a decent amount of tread left

What is the difference between Comp T/A DR's and G-Force's? do the G-Force DR's wear faster for better traction?

Don't know about the G-force DR, but the regular BFG DR is dangerous in the rain. If its a daily driver I would recommend nittos, they are good in the rain, and they last about twice as long.

The BFG G-force DR has been out for about a year now and still no sizes beyond what the ricers use. Biggest size listed is 225.

I don't mess around with the drag radials anymore since mine is so street driven. I would get about 6-7k miles out of the BFG's and they were BALD! I run the cheap crap now and slicks at the track.

What do the Nitto's run? The G-Force drag radials in my size of 215/60/14 run about $105 a piece. The regular drag radials are bald in the middle and have regular looking tread on both sides. The g-force tires have a design that resembles water running down the side of a wall, or something like that. They look really cool, but I don't want to be replacing tires every few months or so.

215/60/14 ?!?! Stock GN wheels are 15s.

215 is way too small!

Get a set of Nittos 275/50/15s. They are about $135 a piece, and there are a couple of vendors on here that sell them. If you want cheap stuff get the Pep Boys futura tires. They are sort of sticky and are cheap for a street tire.

I put those small tires and rims on because I don't too much care for the stock GN rims. I put my old wire rims from my regular Regal on. They're li'l ole 14x7s, but I am looking into some aluminum rims and stickier tires.

Wire wheels on a GN?!?! Whatever floats your boat I guess. They will hurt your performance. The stock wheels are very nice in my opinion.

Originally posted by PsychoBuickBoy
I run the cheap crap now and slicks at the track.

Same here.

275/60/15 BFG radial TA's on the street (about 80 bucks each and they look really nice) 26X10X15 ET Drags at the track. :D

:cool:

I get lots of looks with the wire rims. I have people ask if I want to sell my car almost weekly. The only reason I haven't went to drag rims yet is the fact that i am putting all my money into perormance first. The car looks pretty good now, so speed before beauty is what I say. I have pix if you'd like to check them out.:cool:

These cars can turn any tires into a pile of rubber goo in less than 2 minutes, if that helps you any.

I got 21,900 miles out of my first set of Nittos, and they were great street tires dry or wet, and actually not horrible in slushy snow. Packed snow, well, okay they were scary :). These were 275/50-15's on TType rims. They needed 26 psi or more to feel firm and not squishy in ruts or corners, but that wore the centers down because fo the 7" rim. Somewhere around 22-23 psi wore the best, and for me 22 psi gave the best traction but some other people like 18 or 20 psi. I've got a second set on 15x8 rims now but haven't optimized the pressures yet.