You can type here any text you want

Lifter preload help

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NOKA72

Hey guys going down to the garage today to see if i can get the lifter preload set up....i tried it out a lil yesterday and heres what im seeing so far...if i take the adjustable pushrod to .040 past zero lash the rocker will leave a mark on the valve stem at the intake side and centered...should i lenghten it or would that be good....i know i should shoot for a wear pattern thats more centered but i am increasing preload....these are stock rockers/shafts...what do you think..vinny

what cam and lifters are you running? .40 sounds pretty good if your wear pattern is pretty close to center as you described. When i set mine up I used a standard pushrod and was .38 to .44 on one side and .46 to .48 on the other may be some variances in the block or heads or both. Either way the engine is pretty quite and have not had any problems from it.

I am running the 210/215 with the comp lifters fortunately I have not had the problems other guys have seen with these lifters.

stock rockers all you can do is install the correct pushrod , zero +.040 is good

changing the rod lentgh wwould only change the preload it wont change geometry , if you need a geometry change you could shim the rocker shafts up but the rocker geometry shouldnt be off enough to warrant correcting with stock stuff
now if you had aftermarket heads with chevy style stud mounted rockers you could set alter the geometry and size the pushrod accordingly to where the rocker height needed to be

Hey guys..im running the 204/214 flat tappet cam...i see you can only get pushrods in .025 increments.except for customs or adjustables of course...i set my tool to 8.175 and the pattern looks pretty centered..i am going to check the rest and probably go with them just so im not collapsing the lifter as much..am i on the right track or wasting time...vinny

Back