lifters pecking

BoogersGN

Have an 87' GN with newly rebuilt motor(1100 miles). Ported/Polished, bigger cam, K&N filters, new MAF, high flow oil pump, bigger adjustable fuel pump 3" down pipe, 2 3/4 exhaust and the rest is pretty much stock. The problem or not is it sounds like the lifters are pecking in lower mph and lower rpm. I am running high octane but not racing fuel. Like I said it runs great.Second, do the heads need to be re-torqed any time soon? Have changed oil at 500, thats all I've done(builder gave me diesel oil to use first change)(Ever heard of this). And the last thing for now is what oil is everyone running and additives? I've seen alot of different things people have said to use, but what's best for GN'S? The reason I don't ask the motor builder is he got p.oed because I thought what he charged me for the work he did was somewhat ....well way to high. Now the jerk won't return any calls and if it blew up probably wouldn't honor his warranty. Anyways, if anyone has dealings with anyone in NC write me I'[ll lead you away from him. If I could get a little help it would mean alot.
Hung out to dry
boogsgn

going flaT???? Whatdaya mean? The oil pressure is solid at 50lbs at normal driving speeds and like I said it runs like a sewing machine,,,plenty of power and no skipping or hesitation, no leaks and no visible signs of anything bad going on,,,I ????????? Dunno??:confused:

The oil talk at the Richard Clark meet

The bottom line was that the necessary additives needed for the older engines to live a long life have been removed. A good quality oil with the ZDDP additive was the answer.

Was?????

Didn't like the was,,,can this happen this quickly. Hasen't been ran hard and has 1100 miles. Comp cam also, which I heard was good and I used mobl 1 diesel oil for the 1100 miles.What can I do to make sure or what is my next move? Do I change oil or what? Take it back to him >? Not sure what to do. It might be me being paranoid. I drove this car before it was rebuilt but it's been 5 years. Don't remember it it sounded like this or not. Just need some direction. Anyone know of good shop in or around central NC.??? Dangit man.

AIRC, diesel oil has had the ZDDP reduced, also...
I use the GM EOS, and the diesel.. run 1/2 bottle and diesel at every oil change.. Have not lost a cam, yet.

I'm not familiar with the Comp 208/212 camshaft, is it a flat tappet or a roller? If it is a flat tappet they're typically quiet, but roller valvetrain can be somewhat noisy.

Where in central NC are you located?

K.

k.
I live in Pilot Mountain which is about 45 minutes from Greensboro or hour and half to Charlotte. Work was done by a guy out of Greensboro. Bad deal. I am in process of finding out exactly which cam is in my car. He didn't give me any info on anything he did so it's kind of hard to know whats going on... Keep in touch, saw your site will be talking with you
Boogs