Lifts

strikeeagle

Is there a single car enthusiast who couldn't use a lift in their home garage? I don't think so.

Man, I'd kill to have a lift. Who has one, what did you get, and what did it cost you?

I'd even settle for something you drive on, that gets the car 30" or so in the air, with no moving parts. I found one in steel for about $900, but at that rate, I'm about ready to get out the saw horses and 2X4's and have at it.

Any ideas???

Thanks.

:D

yep just got mine haven'y even used it yet. rotary assymetrical 2 post 9000#. cost $3200 through northern tool and equipment co.

I've had mine for about 2 years (or is it 3?) and it's the greatest single tool I've ever bought.

It not only makes working on the car much, much easier, but I find I do more things to the cars that I used to put off.

I paid, I hope I remember correctly, $1895 plus around $300 for freight. From Autolifters of America....out of Kansas I think. 5000# which is all I needed.

The only 2 drawbacks are it's slow to rise and it's symmetrical which means I usually get out of the car and finish putting it in place by pushing the car. No real problem since I'm on a flat concrete floor. And all my cars are the same :D so I have a mark on the floor and the lift arms are always in the right position to push them under the car.

Get one.... you'll wonder how you got along without one.

ya I have had one for a while...its made by Forward Mfg....mine's a drive on .....once ya have it you cant be without it :)

I've got two, both are western lifts in my shop, they are kind
of spendy but I beleive they are one of the best if not the best
for commercial work, I have a lube shop and I use lifts, thanks,
Ron

Like Trent I too have a Rotary. Mine is assymetrical and is Rotary's 7,000 lb and I bought it from a local distributor who installed it all for around $3,000 if memory serves me right.

I think like the rest who have em it's the best money you can spend. Best of luck to ya.

Mine is from a company called "aamco", got it through matco tools. $3200 to the door. 9000#, clear floor, asymetrical, electric/hydraulic. The clear floor is really important to me, I would hate rolling a tranny jack over those steel panels.

How many people had to get a permit of sorts? I heard they are necessary in some places (makes sense).

No permit in our area.

Seems odd that you would need a permit with an above ground lift, I could see with an old style Hydraulic in ground.

It is easier to ask for forgivness than permission.

"It is easier to ask for forgivness than permission"

you got that right!!!!!!!! huh I needed a permit???? geeeez really sorry sir:p