You can type here any text you want

Lightweight Brake Setup

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BenPutnam

I'm looking for a light weight brake setup I'm not too worried about the actual stopping power, I'm not a real brake abuser and I'm sure anything that is sold on the market will do me fine. My main concern is weight. I have aluminum drums for the back that I have not installed yet so I'm looking for something for the front.

I was thinking of starting with a set of drilled rotors to get my rotating weight down a bit and a set of cermaic pads because one of mine is soaked in transmission fluid.

I could also use a set of drop spindles and I read somewhere on here someone complaining that their spindles moved the wheels out of the wheel well a bit, this flaw is something I would like to have to offset a small backspacing calculation error on my front wheels that put them too far (1") inside the wheel well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Aerospace brakes has a great kit for stopping power, is cheap and cuts a lot of weight. I have the weight specs in the T6P.com library under part weights.

You lose 23lbs ( 16 is rotating ) with the 11 3/4" Aerospace front brake kit.

The 10 3/4" weighs probably a tad less but I forgot to weigh that rotor and caliper bracket when I got it.

Back