LIMITED OR TTA? collectible or not?

slowcar

Banned
I own a few Limited's and I am currently buying another one...I feel in time these cars will appreciate in value... as rare as they are ... less then 1035 built and less then 300 or less around.....this is not counting the modded and tore up ones....so maybe less then 150 or so stock untouched ones our there.... and maybe less then 30 left with the leather interior.... rare indeed.... just not real popular as a GN or GNX....the TTA is what it is ... an ASC car just like the GNX and a combo of both aerodynamics and power of the turbo v6... maybe less then 1200 still around... quite rare and maybe less then 500 totally stock ones left with nothing done with them.....actually probably a lot less then that
So as the GNX rolls as a rare and desirable car ... with price tags showing this ..... so when does the other "RARE" cars with the same drivetrain start showing the numbers they deserve? Inquiring minds want to know this answer.... As for me well I would take a low mileage Limited or TTA with an affordable price tag over a GNX with a inflated price tag any day.... I would just enjoy my low mileage GN the same .......Most but not all GNX buyers are mostly investors... I would buy one if I had the money but i wouldnt pay an unrealistic price....Most GNX buyers think investment first and driving and enjoying second....like a few people here said there may not be anymore room for appreciation left... the GN's are going up now.... and they are the perfect alternative to a GNX without breaking the bank....besides in the real world you drive down the street .. who is really looking...most people don't say "wow that is a 60k GN or GNX" No it is always the same reactions " nice regal, did you restore it? where did you get the hood from?" or "Nice GN... I like those wheels" or " That Monte Carlo is like new" ......I have heard them all on drives with my Limited's or GN..................at a car show it might be different but who goes to these things very often? And there are always expensive muscle cars at these events that make our cars look a bit new and not so rare at most...........

hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, i just found this post. Funny stuff. :biggrin:

Good luck with the purchase of the Limited. ;)

so is it odd that I saw both a Limited and a TTA at a local car show today? what were the odds of that!:eek:

You're right that the Limiteds SHOULD be a more sought after collectible car. The problem is that it seems most people look at the '86 and '87 GN's as the most desirable of the Turbo Regals....

Although the Limiteds have the same power train, I think the GN's are just more "muscle car" looking.... People that don't know the reality assume that those are more collectible. My personal preference (even though I know that the '86 GN's are rarer) is the '87 on looks alone. I also think people that are looking to buy a GN are seeking an '87.