You can type here any text you want

Line Lock Fittings???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbov6joe

Signal 1 J-12
I'm in the process of installing a line lock (LL) on my TTA but ran into problems with the fittings in the install kit. Seems that the master cylinder (MC) and all it's fiitngs and lines have a rolled flair, and the lines/fittings in the install kit are all inverted flair. I hit a few parts stores yesterday and no one had a rolled flair to invertered flair adapter fitting. Another thing, did you all just remove the short single line from the MC to the distribution block (DB) and splice the LL in between there, or did you go on the outlet side of the DB and put a T in that position?
This is the most trouble I've ever had installing a LL...

?
did the install kit include any adapters to make it work?

just wondering cause my summit kit that ive yet to install came with about 15 fittings.

where is everyone???????????

The Hurst install kit came with all kinds of fittings and lines; however, not ONE single fitting is what I need! All the install kit pieces are inverted flair and the TTA uses rolled flair fittings. What I need is some kind of rolled to inverted conversion adapter. So now I have a $20 install kit that is 100% worthless unless I can come up with some kind of fitting. I plan to drop by NAPA Monday afternoon and see what they can do. If I fail there I may need to make a run to Thompkins and see what they have in their inventory.

yeah, that sucks-
cause i bought something close to that kit, and still havent used it-

im sure the problem is no fittings work without it looking retarded-

get back with ya this week

your doing it on the back one right?

****, I would take retarded looking if it didn't leak. But there is where the problem lies, interchanging unlike fittings will for sure be a total mess the first time I pump the brakes up to full pressure! Yes I was looking at the rear port off of the MC. Not sure if you ever looked at the TTA distribution block in detail, but they have a single line going into the DB that branches out into individual sides fir the front brakes, and a single line that comes out single for the rear brakes. Even the flip'n individual lines for the front brakes are the rolled flair fititngs:( There has got to be something that works. Butch's TTA doesn't leak, I wonder what fittings they used? I'm sure out of 1555 TTA's out there, someone else installed a line lock that works correctly and doesn't leak...sure wish they would jump in and shed some light on this matter...

Some of us list members work the dog watch...not all of us can be wrapped up in the covers with momma dreaming about our cars:) Hell, someone has to keep the streets safe while y'all sleep. How about an answer to my questions???

k I am up again :)...BIG secret here... DON't tell anyone else ok ... get a piece of the "bubble" type brake line. cut one end off an convert to a reg flair( flairing tool) ..DONE.. ya I went for that "KIT"...wanna buy another??

do as grumpy said. I got the piece at NAPA with the fitting and cut the tube to length and flared it I just happened to luck into finding the right pieces to work. Good luck

Jim

Now the next question: Do I install the line lock before or after the proportioning valve (PV)? I seem to recall a while back someone posting the very same question, and a TTA owner replying that in order for the brakes to work worth a crap, the line lock must be installed after the PV. IMO the KISS way is to install it before the PV, only 1 line to mess with??? Thanks for your help thus far.

I found some ISO to Inverted flair fittings at NAPA. The only thing that bothers me is the plumbing fits kinda loose in the fitting, hopefully it won't leak... The guy at NAPA said that because it's flaired on the inside, it's not the threads that seal it, and I should be ok...we'll see maybe tommorow if I get it finished.

Joe, instructions, pics and discussion in this thread:
Line Lock after prop valve
I used this on my car. I'm not sure I followed the questions on the fittings, but I did not use a double flair tool. I bought the brake lines with fittings on them, and some 90 degree elbows to connect to the line lock at an auto store. hth, Tim

Back