You can type here any text you want

line lock install

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

8AV8

Banned
I just installed a hurst line lock and my problem is bleeding the front brakes. No problems with the rear brakes but I have been trying to get these tiny air bubbles out of the front lines and have been thru 2 bottles(big ones) of brake fluid trying to get rid of these little bubbles...if there were more of them they would be foam. Whats the deal, is this normal? Should I just keep bleeding? :confused:

problem solved

I didnt have the pin on the proportioning valve clamped down good enough...duh :mad:

computer boob

No pics, but the instructions on gnttype.org got me thru with minimal problems( only problems were me!). When you cut the brake line unhook both ends, it will make it a lot easier. Mark them with a sharpie pen on the place you want to install the solenoid and take the brake line to a mechanic to put the double flares on. I rented a double flare tool from auto zone and screwed them up. The guy at the shop didn't even charge me for the flaring he did....fringe benefit of having a cool car I guess, he thinks GNs are "purdy neat ole cars" ;) BTW I used the Hurst LL and got their install kit and didn't have to make any trips to the parts store.

Cool, thanks! I was at Noble and took some pics on how people installed theirs, so that'll help too. Thanks bro!

Squid

Back