You can type here any text you want

Line lock not holding?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

workingdan

My line lock will not hold the front tires back during a burn out. I have SSBC calipers in the front with slotted rotors. Still running the stock hydro boost set up. I installed the line lock after the master cylinder and before the paportional valve. I am thinking I need to move it to after the PV but dont want to go thru the hassel if I dont need to. Any ideas on why it wont hold?
Thanks

Make sure you bleed all air out.will take several times to get it. When setting you line lock pump brakes 3-4 times hold to the floor as hard as you can. Press line lock button you sould be good to go.depending how well you bleed the brake system you be abel to build 5-9 lbs of boost with drag radials will hook with street tires you will spin them till the cows come home.

i dont agree with the above post as he wrote it
this is how it reads on the hurst instructions
press down on pedal ,
press line lock button and hold
release pedal (not line lock),

if needed you can press pedal again for more pressure as fluid will flow past the lock solenoid
so press pedal again while still holding the lock button

if your trying to do a burnout release pedal and your fronts will still have more hold then they did before and your backs shouls be free to spin

if you're at the line where you need more hold
press pedal
hold line lock
press pedal again and hold pedal hard
release line lock (keep foot on brake )
you should have significantly more hold than you did before to both the fronts and the rear brakes to build boost on

and by stock hydroboost i assume you mean powermaster as your sig lists an 87
but you really should look int the possibility of a weak master cylinder/ accummulator or weak rubber hoses or air in the lines
my 87 with powermaster has no problems just depressing pedal and holding line lock (lock solenoid after prop) , my 86 has vac and lock on fender before prop and sometimes requires another apply of the peday to get a good bite , have a tbrake for the at the line so no problem holding there

Ok guys, thanks for the info. I will go thru and bleed the brakes again to make sure thats all good. When I get my motor back togeather I will try both procedures and see if that works. Is there a way to check the hydro booster?
Thanks

Back