You can type here any text you want

Line lock solenoid rebuild?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tlturbo

Tag - WUTSA V8
My TCI line lock solenoid has stopped working. It has electric to it but doesn't operate. Has anyone ever taken one of these apart to clean it up? Will I end up with brake fluid all over if I take the solenoid apart? It appears to have a BIG hex nut on the top that you can take apart???

Thanks - Terry

I don't have one but I'd assume it's going to leak when taken apart.

Here's some info. I found in the sales literature.

Didn't see a rebuild kit for it with a google search...

" The TCI® RollStop® is waterproof and manufactured from 6061-T6 aluminum. The precision solenoid valve can withstand 3,000 psi of pressure and is designed to draw only one amp of current. A removable mesh screen allows for easy cleaning. "

If it's just dirty cleaning the screen might help, assuming it's the same model.

HA - my luck I take it apart and parts and fluid go all over the garage. Been there done that.

I'm sure it's the same one and I agree, it probably is just gumed up. Funny thing, I called TCI and asked them and their tech guy said he had no idea how to take it apart OR if it could be cleaned??????

So how brave am I?

Thanks - Terry

Back