You can type here any text you want

link for original wires for radio????

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

sick GN

Just purchased an 86 GN and someone spliced into the original wires for the stereo and then removed the stereo before they sold it... now i have probably bout 5 loose cut wires and it doesnt look like the correct original plug back there anymore.... Also i have no dash lights when i turn on the head lights... are any of these wires for the radio connected for the dash lights?? a diagram of the wires would be AWESOME if someone had one

thanks
jeremy

I have a set of factory ends if needed? Ck the fuse for the dash lights. There is a wire that goes hot when the lights are turned on. I will have to ck the manual if you cannot figure it out, Let me know.

Check the dimmer on the dash to see if someone didn't just dim the lights down. Then check the fuse.

One of the radio wires is a grey wire which is for night time lighting of the factory radio. It also is tied into the back lighting circuit of the dash.

If it was bare and touch up against bare metal, it could have blown the back lighting fuse.

What other wires are there?

Should be a yellow (12 v. switched), a black (ground), a pink (power antenna), an orange (clock memory) and of course the grey I just told you about. Then you have the speaker wires.

Back