List of cool cars

Originally posted by Jebadias
'70 Challenger T/A - gotta love a 340 with six barrels :D
ANY 71 'Cuda I don't care if it has a straight 6
70s and early 80s Sunbirds and Monzas - Mine had a Pontiac 400, doors rusted shut so you had to climb in the windows or rear hatch. That car was fun.
Any old car that you could pick up for $20 and beat the hell out of for a few days was cool.
A neighbor of mine when I was growing up had a late 70's, early 80's Monza Spider with a 305 and a stick. He beat the living hell out of the car doing donuts at intersections. He had put on those Hurricane II wheels and it looked really nice. Once day he smashed sideways into a high curb and messed up the suspension, cracked 2 rims and dented the heck out of the rockers. And that was only what was visible, who knows what else was screwed up! Really light car so the 305 stick combination seemed really powerful.

I agree, any Cuda is cool, especially with one of those hood scoops!

Has anyone mentioned the Boss 429 Mustangs?
I can get into Led-Sleds...

What about cool motors? the 427 SOHC "Cammer"
the 426 Hemi, and the Boss 429 motor...
Chevy's 502 crate motor

Lingenfelter Corvette, RENN-Tech Mercedes, Calloway
1919 Cadillac is cool, the Stanley Steamer is cool
Lo-Riders from East LA, but only if Cheech Marin is driving.

Duesenburg, cool? If you are jay leno.

Cool isn't chevy, sorry chevy guys. chevy is like eating a plain cheese pizza. nothing wrong with it just a lil simple, a lil common.

67-74 Mopars are super cool, they had cool names, cool logos and cool colors.

Performance buicks are cool cause they are supposed to be an Old mans car.

Oldsmobile are cool just because

other cool cars are cars that have unique features.

I remember reading in 78-9 you could order a stripped down Z28 with an aluminum V8 . Wish I could remember the details but I can't. That woulda been real cool :D

Maybe someone here can refresh my memory.

I didn't see the '68 Hemi Dart mentioned. Genius. They didn't even have window regulators.

Originally posted by irockwithdirt
I remember reading in 78-9 you could order a stripped down Z28 with an aluminum V8 . Wish I could remember the details but I can't. That woulda been real cool :D

Maybe someone here can refresh my memory.

A ZL-1 was a stripped down 1969 CAMARO with a Aluminum 427. It wasn't a Z28, however and only 69 were built. I think the motor was around a $4500 option...Ouch.

Ford had a 427, a 427 dohc, the 428, 428 cj, and the 429, and 429 boss. I hated Fords then, but did have respect for a few of their engines. I Have a friend with a Corvette restoration shop in Costa Mesa, Ca. and he has 3 69 and 70 boss 302 'stangs and 4 Boss 429 'stangs. Would give both my detached nutz to have any one of them. Love that sound of a well tuned 302 with solid lifters and tight ass suspension. Of course I would have to have a 69 z-28 also.

1989 tubo trans am
1993 typoon
1991 syclone
any 87 TR
88 monte carlo ss
old hemi cars
chevy 502 motor
drop top 64 impala
1996 impala ss
yenko camaro
baldwin motion chevelle
gto judge
corvette zr1 90?

and for a bike a yzf R1 or R6

In '67, Z28 was an performace option code. GM had to sell enough (at least 500, I think), to homologate the car for the Trans Am racing series. The package created quite a buzz and GM took advantage of the publicity and started badging the cars for marketing purposes.

I think the SS was also a performance option, available with several different engine combos, while RS is a cosmetic option...... the two were often combined.

this entire thread gives me wood! all the cool cars new if we only had pics of them in the thread.

oh man.. i wanna be uber rich and have a huge warehouse. to bad cars suck as an investment!

Dathan

well, I guess its up to me to bring the imports into play.
'98 Supra
Subaru WRX
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO VII

Im no rice boy, but these are some bad A$$ cars!

BOOSTD

I forgot to mention my screen name here, the Vector was a cool car car with a nutty company CEO.

I have heard of the Yenko Camaro, I need to check out what they were (are?).

6-b-kwik, you are WAY off for a cool bike.
The ZZ4 Boss Hoss and the Big Block Boss Hoss are the coolest bikes, the fastest bikes, bar none!
Don't get me wrong, crotch rockets are very impressive, and their riders are crazy/ impressive, but they are too every day/ plain for me.

Originally posted by UNGN
On 1967 Z28.com it seems to show non RS Z28's had 302 badging and RS Z28's had RS badging. No Z28 badging other than stripes.
Wow, new one on me. 1967 could make sense cause they really didn't have all that much chrome. Learn something new every day, - Thanks!

Originally posted by UNGN
A ZL-1 was a stripped down 1969 CAMARO with a Aluminum 427. It wasn't a Z28, however and only 69 were built. I think the motor was around a $4500 option...Ouch.
That price sounds about right. It was a COPO option.

Originally posted by Vector
I forgot to mention my screen name here, the Vector was a cool car car with a nutty company CEO.

I have heard of the Yenko Camaro, I need to check out what they were (are?).

6-b-kwik, you are WAY off for a cool bike.
The ZZ4 Boss Hoss and the Big Block Boss Hoss are the coolest bikes, the fastest bikes, bar none!
Don't get me wrong, crotch rockets are very impressive, and their riders are crazy/ impressive, but they are too every day/ plain for me.
First off, what's a Vector?

As for Yenko, he was a person. I believe he owned a dealership and was a racer. What he would basically do if memory serves me was buy a basic plain-Jane big block Camaro (or Nova, Chevelle, etc), yank out the low HP big block and stuff in an extremely re-built HP engine of his own specs and design. He would add some special badging, striping and headrests and you had a "Yenko" car. There was probably more but you get the idea. I think he used the big blocks cause they would already have the 12-bolt rear in them as well as HD suspension (HD springs up front and multi-leafs in the rear). Would take too much more time and add money to yank out a SB suspension and put in a BB suspension. The low HP big blocks weren't all that much more. I don't remember but I don't think a 69 Camaro with the 396-325HP engine was that much more than a 350ci considering what else you got. I don't know for sure but Yenko probably built them to suit too. Tell him what you wanted and he'd build it. Baldwin Chevrolet among others did the same too.

1993 Honda Civic hatchback with a bright green body kit, fart can, 200 hp worth of stickers, stock 14"s on front and 16"s on the back.

Now that is a cool car.;)

Originally posted by MissingMyBuick
1993 Honda Civic hatchback with a bright green body kit, fart can, 200 hp worth of stickers, stock 14"s on front and 16"s on the back.

Now that is a cool car.;)
You forgot that the rims don't need to match ands that it has a rear wing to keep the back down on a front wheel drive car.....