You can type here any text you want

local raceway "street" kills

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dentmasters01

Our local Nashville super speedway is in the process of building a full quater mile strip here in murfreesboro TN off of interstate 840. To get the funds to build it, they are having 1/8 mile drag races on pit road. True "street" racing but without the street. :p they have classes as follows.....Domestic stock/ tuner-import/ motorcycles-atv/ work trucks/ street eliminator/ sportsman/ pro. They have a burn out box for us and even set up a working light tree with spotters at the finish. Its been a great turn out so far. Ok enough with the back ground.......Last night I took my "little V6" up there and won the sportsman class.:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: I heard lots of "what the he** is in that thing????" Put the beat down on a late 70' truck BBC on the gas, 80' something camaro bottle fed, red cobra stang on the bottle, and a green stroked stang on the bottle. The best thing of the whole night is I couldn't build but around 4lbs off the line so everyone was jumping me by around 1-2 cars. I'd real'em in and they saw nothing but lights. MAN its hard to run cars down with only an 1/8 mile strech :cool: . There was two cars that I really wanted to run, that would have been a good race. One is a 95' stang V6 turbo charged. Sounds just like a gn and runs strong......he red lighted :( and a supercharged late 90's model stang that broke on the semifinal run that put me with the camaro and he was beating the camaro by 2 cars when he broke......maybe next time !!

Nice win. :D
What do they charge for that and were there a lot of cars there?

there was prob. about 100 cars there that night. There were 32 cars in the sportsman class, I remember around 8 in the truck class, couple of pro mod cars, rails, drag bikes and several cars in the stock class.... Its was 20 bucks to get in and race your car, 5 bucks to watch.

Thats great, i hope they get the track up. I went to a 1/8 track Saturday, and had no idea what i was doing. I lost in first round, but it was fun. The funny part is a older guy with the slowest car won the race!!! That old man can cut a perfect tree everytime.

Back