You can type here any text you want

Lonnie Diers

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tta1240

CAMEL TOE
i am getting ready to have Lonnie Diers build me a stroker and wondering how others have held up.

He built Phil McGloins 9.30 TSM motor.Dont know of any problems he has had.
He has a few more guys on here has has built motors for too,Maybe they will chime in.

i only heard good things but thought i would ask due to the amount of money i am going to be droping lol

I have 2 seasons on mine. About 150 or so passes and it still is going very strong. All runs have been low ten seconds and faster, fastest so far was a 9.78....with him driving it too lol.

Seriously though, I have made some stupid mistakes with the car causing it to lean pop up high, reving it way past 7k, and all kinds of other things trying to blow it up. Its almost like I'm trying to break it at times...but it keeps on taking the beatings:)

I have 2 seasons on mine. About 150 or so passes and it still is going very strong. All runs have been low ten seconds and faster, fastest so far was a 9.78....with him driving it too lol.

Seriously though, I have made some stupid mistakes with the car causing it to lean pop up high, reving it way past 7k, and all kinds of other things trying to blow it up. Its almost like I'm trying to break it at times...but it keeps on taking the beatings:)

what is your combo?

Stock stroke, 70gtq, 96lb injectors, gn1 heads, stock ported intake, ta headers, 3" dp, stock ignition, solid roller cam, accel gen7 dfi, ea v1 ic, ea th400.

He built my NON stroker 109. 28 nine second 1/4 miles passes this year. Mostly 9.60 to 9.4. And 10 low 10 second 1/8 mile passes this year. If you ain't scared of big horsepower call Lonnie.

Thumbs UP!

Lonnie is a great guy to work with and builds some excellent engines.

Lonnie built my TSM combo for the 2007 season and ran a 9.81 @ 137 on the 3rd pass at the GS Nationals. Numerous 9.8's (and 6.20's at the local 1/8th mile track) and a best 9.71 @ 140 at the Buick Ford shootout in OKC.

Lonnie currently has the car and repairing a mistake I made with the fuel system configuration that resulted in a torched head. Lonnie wanted to go back through things to make sure everything was good and didnt find any other issues. Lonnie and I will be meeting up in a few weeks to pick up the car and trailer while Im on my honeymoon :eek:

John Martin
1986 Buick T-type
9.71 @ 140

Back