Looked at a sub 100 mile GNX. Underneath was rusted like crazy

Jeff working under a car? He's good as long as he does not have to tighten or loosen anything.

" when in doubt just use more muscle!" torque wrench? just tighten until it will not go anymore. :biggrin: :biggrin:

Exactly what I was getting at. :biggrin:

I really shouldn't talk. The last time I worked on a car, it caused a $40K blaze.

That looks a little more than surface rust, bordering on light pitting in some areas. Gonna need something like Eastwood's rust dissolver. Interesting the way they dipped those lower control arms and left the ball joint area unprotected. It is common for older GM vehicles to have surface rust, even from the dealer lot. Going back to the 60's, many cast features were left unprotected and quickly developed a patina. Some more than others...

A good way to avoid this is to park on concrete that has a moisture barrier. I'd go a step further and park on top of plywood. Another idea is to save all the dessicant bags (you know the ones that say "silica - do not eat") that come in your made in China crap and sprinkle them around the perimeter of the car. Not so much on the last idea, but parking on a 1/2" sheet of plywood is a good idea.

Painting the floor will also help, I sealed and painted my garage floor then I
put down a sheet of plastic and laid commercial grade carpet over the plastic.
my garage is also heated with forced hot air heat which I keep at 45 during
the winter months, The hot air heater removes most of the humidity from the air.
Just ask anyone with sinus problems living in a hot air heated house with no
humidifier. Next is AC, It gets too hot in the summer months to work on my cars.

In my case i have a heated floor and in summer if you let the water flow threw the floor it keeps it cool but i also put a/c in my shop and my car sits on a lift seven feet in the air whem not being driven. But you can buy a car bag at a good price, that could be a way to go.

Painting the floor will also help, I sealed and painted my garage floor then I
put down a sheet of plastic and laid commercial grade carpet over the plastic.
my garage is also heated with forced hot air heat which I keep at 45 during
the winter months, The hot air heater removes most of the humidity from the air.
Just ask anyone with sinus problems living in a hot air heated house with no
humidifier. Next is AC, It gets too hot in the summer months to work on my cars.

WHERE IS MY CAMARO :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: