You can type here any text you want

looking at used F.A.S.T sytem ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

chevyII

The system was for a LS1 which has a crank sensor. Can the parameters be set to 6 cylinder or does it need a upgrade by the factory? Its a seq with IAC and wide band. The system looks like a generic wiring because of a translator for the crank and module signal. Any version questions or things to ask about. Im getting the full P/N for referrence.

P/N is 30-11-7010 ECM....harness # 30-c-002 and Edist and crank decoder. Not sure if I the signal buffers for the buick?

Well that appears to be a general Hall effect input box. Having never used it, I'd have to guess that the LS1 converter box takes the LS1 inductive crank signals pattern and generates a digital output that the Hall input ecu understands. That is, unless I'm mistaken, the general Hall effect ecu wants reference pulses to occur before the spark would occur, as in the say 70 to 50 deg BTDC range, which is a "delayed" spark approach. The Buick system (and TFI Ford) is Hall effect but is a "predictive" scheme, where it wants reference pulses to occur after the spark would occur, ie close to TDC. The reference pulses (crank signal) on the Buick system are at 10 deg BTDC. Can you set a general Hall effect ecu to a reference angle of 10 deg for use on a Buick? I don't think so, but you better check with FAST directly to make sure...

Hope that helps some :)

TurboTR

Back