You can type here any text you want

Looking for 1.01 housing for GT42...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Eticket

Posted this in the turbo section, but anyone have one they'd like to get rid of or trade for a 1.15 housing?

Trying to get a little better spool up without restalling converter.

Thanks
John

jnguyensmu@gmail.com

Billy,

It is a 4 bolt. I also ported it to help the flow between the two inlet sides. Do you have a housing for sale/trade?

John

John,

Don't do it back pressure is not your friend!

Hey John,

Man.. this is "only a street car".. I'm not trying to break any records.

You should be proud I went from a crappy .85 3 bolt!

John

Is Your 1.15 A T4 Or T6 ?

I have a 1.01 t4 flange on my gt42-76 ...might be interested in trading you.

The smaller A/R will have minimal difference in backpressure at the power level he is running IMHO.

Ted,

You could be right but we run two of these on the v-8 car and it
made a huge difference on the dyno. We had issues with less than 200ci
going to the turbo. So that means the back pressure was choking our
combination at the 850hp level and on.

John,

I wonder if we're really comparing apples to oranges. On Chris's twin turbo car, i would imagine the dynamics of the engine/heads/cam being entirely different and therefore creating a much different back pressure scenario.

Bryan, mine is a t4. As it sits, I have a pending sale of my car. Hate to see it go, but I'm ready for a new project. I will pass this info along to the new owner.

Thanks.

John,

I wonder if we're really comparing apples to oranges. On Chris's twin turbo car, i would imagine the dynamics of the engine/heads/cam being entirely different and therefore creating a much different back pressure scenario.

Bryan, mine is a t4. As it sits, I have a pending sale of my car. Hate to see it go, but I'm ready for a new project. I will pass this info along to the new owner.

Thanks.

John,

Sorry if I keep on saying the same thing.
When you get some data let me know!

John - no worries. The 1.01 housings were made for something.

I do agree with you that 1.15 is more power. It really does spool "ok" - and really fast after the 1st 2-3psi is built. but I'm just tryinig to figure out a way not to have to pull the trans and restall the converter. I don't think I would ever turn this thing up past 1000hp in fear of popping the heads, so all out performance isn't what i'm looking for.

As far as data, that will probably be my next car. maybe with some twin's too - but don't know when that will ever be started and finished.

Hey Mr Wilde,

I got something very specific to ask you about.

Do you know Tony Cafaro?

Give me a holler or send me your number

jnguyensmu@gmail.com
210-323-1689

Thanks,
John

John,

Give me a call if you want monday, I have several housings, if you are still in need, not sure which ones until I get back to the shop.

On another note, one of my customers Jerry Lowell, (Razorback Racing) just ran 8.88 with an off the shelf GT42. He didn't like the 88 turbo someone else put him into, too hard to spool, so we put the ole 42 turbo on with a little tuning, 1st pass last nite he finally ran his 1st 8 second pass!!! But I think it's out of air after seeing his second 1\8th MPH..... maybe a little more left, but I doubt it... then again, I didn't really think he would run what he did... gotta love them RPE engines....

oh ya, the GT42 has the 74mm stock Garrett comp wheel....

John,

Give me a call if you want monday, I have several housings, if you are still in need, not sure which ones until I get back to the shop.

On another note, one of my customers Jerry Lowell, (Razorback Racing) just ran 8.88 with an off the shelf GT42. He didn't like the 88 turbo someone else put him into, too hard to spool, so we put the ole 42 turbo on with a little tuning, 1st pass last nite he finally ran his 1st 8 second pass!!! But I think it's out of air after seeing his second 1\8th MPH..... maybe a little more left, but I doubt it... then again, I didn't really think he would run what he did... gotta love them RPE engines....

oh ya, the GT42 has the 74mm stock Garrett comp wheel....

Wow that is really impressive.
What does the car weigh and what size tires?

Hey Jack,

Well, the car is now sold. It has gone to another state.

So.. Razorback racing? are they in Arkansas? Does that mean you'll help us to get them to Noble, OK for this year's race?

How about yourself? Would love to see the pumpkin across the country.

Thanks,
John

Wow that is really impressive.
What does the car weigh and what size tires?

John, not positive on the weight, he said it weighed high 3200's 2 weeks ago then weighed in at 3400 last week. I figure somewhere around 3250 to 3300 with driver. WE'll weigh it in 2 weeks at E-town. Jerry made a pass yesteday at Lebanon Valley in upstate NY, tops his 88 with an 8.85... not bad for a little 74 turbo..... on 25-26lbs of boost.... into a 15mph headwind..

JN.... I'm thinking about it, getting married on the 17th of Nov... so it doesn't look like we can make the trip...

Congrats on your wedding... Well... try to make or send some of your customers if you can. We need all buicks of all levels to show up to cover the Ford field.

I am carless and will not be racing this year, so I'm trying to get the guy that bought my car to bring it. I'll cry if he runs a mid 9 with it though, since I didn't get to get the car back out to the track before it went.

Back