looking for #1550

Nice Chad! I see it took the Chevelle's spot in the garage. I'll stop over tomorrow to check it out:D

Thanks Kev! I got the chevelle in the basement now and a extra spot in the driveway. I will get some good pics as soon as the sun comes out.
Chad

Thanks Kev! I got the chevelle in the basement now and a extra spot in the driveway. I will get some good pics as soon as the sun comes out.
Chad

Welcome to the Buick V6 world.

That lil turbo 6 can make some big power. Have you ever had to race one at the track with your Chevelle?

Couple more

Attachments

• HPIM2014.jpg
    HPIM2014.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 330
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 325
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 335
What a sweet ride. This car is awesome I love it. Everything works! I got most of the owners kit. He said this car has been in storage since 1995. Made a 10hr trip today though. Here's the info on it Jan - the dates from the door are PAS-5/89 Gm-4/89. #13 7960 is on the core support. Yes leather t-top car. Vin is 1G5FW2174KL252214. Thanks for all the info. Here are some quick pics I shot. Talk to you all later
Chad

Chad, congrats on owning no 1550 !!! And thanks for sharing all the details I asked for ... updated the list accordingly.

Looks really nice in the photos, any major issues with it you need to attend?

Did you get any of the original documentation with it, window sticker, build sheet or similar?

You have to register ower on turbotransam.com as well and make sure you get onto that registry as no 1 is on there as well.

And if at all possible bring it to Ohio next year !!! Some of the PAS guys attending would love to see that last car they were involved with!!!

Thanks Jan, I did get the original window sticker and build sheet, I can try and get some pics of those up later if you like. Just a few things to fix, the power antenna motor runs all the time so I need to disconnect it for now. I will register when I get back from work. Thanks!

Thanks Jan, I did get the original window sticker and build sheet, I can try and get some pics of those up later if you like. Just a few things to fix, the power antenna motor runs all the time so I need to disconnect it for now. I will register when I get back from work. Thanks!

Chad, that would be great if you can post up some good photos or scans of the window sticker and the buildsheet/s you have.

The power antenna sounds like the strap thing inside moving it up and down broken for you, fairly easy fix if you do a search you will find the instructions and the part to get to sort it out. If you can't find it let me know and I'll send you the link.

Easiest way to disconnect the antenna is to remove the panel on the passanger side with the Performance Suspension emblem on it (3 screws from below) and you see a relay for the antenna there in the middle just pull the connector to that one and you are sorted. Many people cut the wires which I'm not a fan of :)

Anything else feel free to ask; good bunch of people on this board as well as on the turbotransam.com board willing to help and very experienced working on this cars.

Regards,
Jan

Thanks to Chad, I got to drive my first TTA ever (after owning a TR for 13 years.) I love it! The car is very nice and pulls pretty good.

Looks like the mods are:

Some sort of Turbonetics turbo (looks like their version of a ta49)
adjustable wastegate and fuel reg.
009 injectors
MAF pipe
Fuel pump and wiring.
Flowmaster muffler.

The rest is stock. Not sure of the chip yet.

Congrats on the purchase! Sounds like it's in good hands! Plenty of people around here and on Turbo Trans AM.Com to give you any help you need with the car don't be shy! I hope I get to see it in person at the TTA reunion next year in Ohio at National Trail Raceway! Bring em out! :cool:

I look forward to the reunion. Kevin got it tuned in pretty good today. No traction but pulls hard up high. Its says 20th aniv. turbo trans am on the spark plug wires! Wow

These cars are amazing the way they pull and handle for sure! My GN's get more looks then the TTA but the TTA is the true performer! Take those plugs wires off and put them away! After all they are 21 years old! :)

I look forward to the reunion. Kevin got it tuned in pretty good today. No traction but pulls hard up high. Its says 20th aniv. turbo trans am on the spark plug wires! Wow

Buy Russ Merritts wires and put those in a bag. They are worth $300 :eek:.

Can you take some more pictures of the seats? To my eye, that looks like aftermarket leather. :cool:

A little TLC and elbow grease and that car can look 10x better!
Looks like you have a good one.

Jason

Sure will, I've been cleaning the heck out of it since I got it home. I will get some pics once its nice out. I still need to clean the interior a bit and polish the tail lights. Pretty sure the interior is original. The wheels are nice just going to polish those and go over everything else. Also going to detail the engine compartment and fix that power antenna. Just a bunch of small stuff really. Anyone know where I can get that nylon thingy to fix the antenna? This is the only other pic I have of the seats...

Attachments

• TTA 007.jpg
    TTA 007.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 217
  • TTA 006.JPG
    TTA 006.JPG
    105.3 KB · Views: 228
Pics of #1550

Attachments

• 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 205