Looking for 86-87 Turbo Buick (MA/NH) - $7K?

GreenChemist

Hello All,

I figured what better 1st post than to see what's available for a 86-87 turbo Buick in Massachusetts/New Hampshire? I may be willing to cast the net farther if the right car pops up.

I've only been looking for a short while (seen only two cars), but I do know what I'm looking for.

I'm sorry I missed that GN that went in East Longmeadow. The car looked great.

I'm looking for an 86-87 T-type or GN. I'm not too worried about mileage or interior condition, but I'd like the paint to look presentable. I'd like to be able to give her a good detailing and go out on the occasional cruise night. I'm not looking for a major project as I have two young daughters, though I don't mind cleaning/replacing interior parts/carpets/seat covers or working on stereo stuff as time allows.

Mostly stock would be great, but some minor tweaks are more than acceptable.

I'd love a T-top or Astroroof car.

As far as budget, I'd like to spend up to $7K. I know that this might be pushing it, but I know that the deals are out there. As time passes, this budget slowly increases as I save/sell other toys.

I was originally considering a Monte SS with this budget, and I know that 7K buys more in a Chevy G-body than in Buick country, but I REALLY like these cars.

Thanks for any leads, and I look forward to learning/contributing all that I can while here!

Ok. So in looking around a bit more, I've realized that $7K might be a bit optimistic on my part. So, I've widened my search to include '84 and '85 hot air cars as well.

Anybody with a hot air T-Top/Astro roof car in decent shape in the MA/NH area?

Well, I caved. Rather than get a less than stellar condition turbo Buick for my budget, I got a really clean original Monte Carlo SS.

It's an all original (minus tires) '83 (1st year - only ~4700 made) with only 48,000 original miles. It's kind of a time capsule car. Thanks to all of you who either gave me leads, or helped point me toward them. I'll still be on the lookout for a clean GN when my budget allows!

IMG_5903.JPGIMG_5901.jpegIMG_5902.jpeg

monte..

We have a club member (MAGNA PA/NJ/DE/NY) particularly from Philly who swapped a GN motor/drivetrain into a Monte and came out really nice and fast too due to being a lightweight.

Congrats on your new toy:biggrin:

thats a nice monte!! any interior shots? dam i miss mine..sold mine very cheep to buy my buick anyway's im gna buy another one and do my weird 2jz 6 speed swap or a 3rotor swap don't know yet..once i save up i'll do some weird crazy shat..want something different anyways nice monte!!!

Thanks guys for the compliments. Honestly I was expecting to get bashed. But you guys are obviously car lovers, not "fanboys" like on a lot of other sites. It's refreshing.

The GN drivetrain is a very cool idea, but now I'm envisioning a garage (probably 10-15 years from now) with this Monte, a clean GN (or Turbo-T/T-Type) and an '83 Hurst/Olds, for a nice G-Body collection!

As far as the interior goes there is only a little tear in the vinyl near where the driver's power seat controls are. Everything else looks great, and it all works! :) The car needs a good polish and wax, but I don't pick it up until this weekend.

Here are some interior shots.
Interior1.jpgInterior2.jpg

'83 Monte SS - Very Nice!

My favorite shade SS. Add the retro two tone interior and its a definite hit. (Two tone interiors are a favorite with GN owners.;))

I have only seen a couple of this combo ever. No garden variety MC for sure!