looking for a chip

svtnos

hey people im looking for a chip.. the car is going to be mostly driven on the street but will be going to the track with it too. here in IL we have 93 octane gas and always fill up the car with it. my mods to date are 3inch stainless steel exhaust, test pipe, walbro fuel pump, hotwire kit, adjustable fuel pressure regulator and fuel pressure gauge. im going to be getting the kenne bel ram air kit soon too. what chips do you all think i should get? thanks!

Originally posted by svtnos
hey people im looking for a chip..

Check the glove compartment, J/K :)

For close to stock combinations the Thrasher works well for a lot of folks.

Um... just about every vendor can supply you with a chip.

I got mine from Jay Carter... but I paid 3 times what you would if you went with an off the shelf Thrasher unit.

I feel that you get what you pay for.

cool thanks! my friend was telling me that reds are good chips too... any input on reds?

Well i just tried to order a thrasher chip off their website with the paypal feature but i am having problems having the order go through...has anyone had problems doing this? i couldnt locate a phone number off their site either... i want to order a new chip today, feel like spending some $$ :D any other chips that i should go with? im going to call red's on my break to talk to them over there :cool:

I didnt know you could paypal off the website. Just go to the distributors list. I used the guy in Ohio (Rob) and I have ordered them from Scott231 also. Rob was a little faster but both came in good time. Just used money orders

would you know if he takes credit cards? ah dont worry, ill call rob and ask him.. thanks :D

Reds 93

I run a RA93 street chip and I like it a lot.

I had the Thrasher 92 but when I put my cold air intake system on it freaked out on me. Bucked and the like when I got on the gas. A friend with a 92 Thrasher also had his freak out when he put on a cold air system.

The RA 93 didn't care about the cold air system. It has a nice cold Idle about 750rpm and very nice street manners.

I just moved up to his 100 chip to go with my SMC kit.

If you know of any people close by see if you can borrow their chip for a day or so. Get a feel for different ones. No one has the perfect chip or these cars as they al act differently on each car depending on state of tune and such.

Originally posted by svtnos
hey people im looking for a chip.. the car is going to be mostly driven on the street but will be going to the track with it too. here in IL we have 93 octane gas and always fill up the car with it. my mods to date are 3inch stainless steel exhaust, test pipe, walbro fuel pump, hotwire kit, adjustable fuel pressure regulator and fuel pressure gauge. im going to be getting the kenne bel ram air kit soon too. what chips do you all think i should get? thanks!

forget about the kenne bell ram air kit. Look at some of the other cold-air kits. On a car running 12.3@114 with the ram-air unit on picked up near 2mph taking it off and just using the filter in the engine compartment.

really? i already have a k&n open filter in the engine compartment.. so keep it huh? i heard the ram air kits are good :confused:

I do have the Tin man cold air kit. It is not a ram 'forced' air kit, it just pulls could air into the filter from behind the headlights instead of warm engine compartment air.

It installs very easily and looks awsome.

chip

i have the kb ram air kit for a few years works great at wot
and it looks good it is made well. as for chips kb pro chip works
great on the street my best time at the track with this chip
cmpletely stock except for 40lb inj adj fuel reg atr superpump
kb ramair drag radials car went 13.20 100 mph 1.9 60 foot
16 psi boost on 94 pump gas.

good luck

charlloots
we4