Looking for a FAST startup file

JasonK

Hello, I am in need of a startup file that is fairly close for my used FAST system. If anyone could help me out that would be great. Please email it to jako30@bellsouth.net Thanks! Also do you guy unhook your vaccum line to the boost sensitive FP regulator?

Here is my combo: (its a mustang)

358ci
Twin T3's 8-15 psi
50lb high impedence
C4
3 bar map
110 oct gas

If you need anymore info please let me know, thanks!

Jason

Well got it running, actually runs pretty good, I used the dakota file and worked with it for a few hours. Definately learned alot! I still have a problem it needs a base fuel table of 150 to run without being lean. I would still like to see some other files, I am interested in how other table look compared to what I came up with.

VE over 150?/

Jason, I think if the VE is over 100, then there's something else wrong w/ the program.
You don't say where the 150 is required, WFO or idle, etc,???
What is the O2 correction showing?
What kind of A/F is being commanded?
Base fuel pressure?

IMO, The 50pph injectors are small for an engine that size and 15# of boost. [Remember, U R doubling the air flow thru the engine at 15# of boost. The engine now is using air and fuel that supports an engine of 716CI!] What is the inj DC being shown on the data logs?

Just some ideas to look at..

:cool: :cool:

Thanks Chuck, I not sure what the problem is but I had to use 150 everywhere to even get the car to rev like it should any less and it was lean. I have seen folks make 800hp with 50lb inj. I am around 600-650. It is boost referenced so that will help with FP increases. The injectors are flowed for 45 psi and I have them set about 48psi. They are high impedence if that makes a difference? I will give the cobra file a try.

Thanks again,
Jason

Do the math

At 650HP, w/ a Duty cycle of 80%, and a bsfc of .6... The math says 61pph injs..
The imped is of no concern to the FAST system.
800 w/ a 50pph inj....YAFK!! figger that one out..:rolleyes:

Yep thats all setup right for the motor. The cobra file worked good, I did have to move the Base fuel VE up to 120 -140 and change the cranking fuel table to even get it to start. It really seems like the higher numbers 120-140 are needed while the motor it at idle and not under a load. It looks like when the motor has boost the afr is fine and needs a -10-15 correction. I'll keep working with it, thanks for the help guys!

Jason

Keep lookin!

If you still have the VE at 120 to 140, to make it idle, there's something wrong! Afterstart may need work, and the timing too.
vac leaks, IAC control, all can be in the mix.

If the A/F commanded is being met by the fuel being cut 10 to 15%, then the cells are 10 to 15% too rich. The VE should be adjusted so the correction is in the 2% range.

Ah, you may have found it I don't have a IAC maybe that is the reason for such high numbers at idle.