You can type here any text you want

looking for a part #

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jsmith

My tranny pan lip is bent and leaking horribly, am trying to find the GM part # with no luck, I have looked on gnttype and tried gmpartsdirect also with no luck. Anyone know the # or where I might find it? I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks Jeff

Jeff,

Most folks upgrade to an aftermarket deep trans pan. For this reason I would tell you to either upgrade or check with transmission shops that specialize in 2004R transmissions. I know the Don Wang at DRW has a stack of them. I thew away a couple when I moved. Checking your local wrecking yard is a valid option too.

Neal

jsmith said:
My tranny pan lip is bent and leaking horribly, am trying to find the GM part # with no luck, I have looked on gnttype and tried gmpartsdirect also with no luck. Anyone know the # or where I might find it? I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks Jeff

tranny pan

I think I have a stock 200r4 tranny pan with a plug that I would sell ya. Let me know if you are interested.

Thanks
John Martin
1986 Buick T-Type
10.24 @ 131

The GM part number was 8657035 and they have been discontinued. I used to run an aluminum pan and had a bad experience when I caught it on a raised manhole cover(long story). I believe if I had the steel stocker on it would have dented instead of cracking allowing all of the fluid to pour out and I would have been able to limp home. You know all of the boneyards down here destroy the pans by punching a hole in them to drain the fluid out. Yep, your best bet is to go aluminum or find a good used one.

Thanks for the info guys, John I would be interested in your pan, I PM'd you.

thanks jeff

Back