looking for a part #

jsmith

My tranny pan lip is bent and leaking horribly, am trying to find the GM part # with no luck, I have looked on gnttype and tried gmpartsdirect also with no luck. Anyone know the # or where I might find it? I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks Jeff

Jeff,

Most folks upgrade to an aftermarket deep trans pan. For this reason I would tell you to either upgrade or check with transmission shops that specialize in 2004R transmissions. I know the Don Wang at DRW has a stack of them. I thew away a couple when I moved. Checking your local wrecking yard is a valid option too.

Neal

jsmith said:
My tranny pan lip is bent and leaking horribly, am trying to find the GM part # with no luck, I have looked on gnttype and tried gmpartsdirect also with no luck. Anyone know the # or where I might find it? I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks Jeff

tranny pan

I think I have a stock 200r4 tranny pan with a plug that I would sell ya. Let me know if you are interested.

Thanks
John Martin
1986 Buick T-Type
10.24 @ 131

The GM part number was 8657035 and they have been discontinued. I used to run an aluminum pan and had a bad experience when I caught it on a raised manhole cover(long story). I believe if I had the steel stocker on it would have dented instead of cracking allowing all of the fluid to pour out and I would have been able to limp home. You know all of the boneyards down here destroy the pans by punching a hole in them to drain the fluid out. Yep, your best bet is to go aluminum or find a good used one.

Thanks for the info guys, John I would be interested in your pan, I PM'd you.

thanks jeff