Looking for a pipe

riley

Not sure what you call it but am looking for the pipe that goes between the turbo and exhaust manifold on a 84 t-type. Thanks

It's generally reffered to as the "up-pipe". I bet someone will chime in who is selling a used stock one. Also, if you like, there are aftermarket ones for sale. They are generally larger diameter, and with smooth mandrel bends instead of the restrictive crimped accordion-style used on the stock ones. I don't think youll get a really noticeable performance increase from just an up-pipe, but its probably better than stock, and every little bit helps. I think ATR makes one, and i know jaysGN.com makes a very nice one, with a flexible middle section for easier fit, but its kinda pricey. But if yuore not looking for an upgrade, and wanting to keep it cheap, find someone with a used stock one... shouldnt be too hard to find.

ATR is now out of business so if you find one of theres it will run you well over $100 Poston makes one that I believe they sell for $85 or so. check them out at postonbuick.com

Up pipe

Hi: I just put headers on my 85 and bought a Poston up pipe. I have a factory up pipe if you need one. Turbo 85. I bought this one from musale car salvage with better stanless steel brading. (Very shinny I have about a 1,000 mines on it). The up pipe from Poston shipped was 98.00. If you want contact me we will talk. Thanks. Turbo85

i have an 83 uppipe ,no braiding on these. 35 plus ship.
i have all atr so dont need.
andy