You can type here any text you want

Looking for a PROM burnt

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ygn

A fridn of mine who has a GN told me to ask you guys about my problem. I just got a dual exhaust installed and my check engine light keeps popping about 10 minutes after I start the car...probably because of thrown off o2 readings. Anyway, I wanted to know if anyone knew where I could find a PROM burnt chip for my ECM so i can save on some gas milage and get this stupid light to go off, and if there was anything else I may need. I have an 83 monte carlo sc..v6, 229.
thanks

Originally posted by ygn
A fridn of mine who has a GN told me to ask you guys about my problem. I just got a dual exhaust installed and my check engine light keeps popping about 10 minutes after I start the car...probably because of thrown off o2 readings. Anyway, I wanted to know if anyone knew where I could find a PROM burnt chip for my ECM so i can save on some gas milage and get this stupid light to go off, and if there was anything else I may need. I have an 83 monte carlo sc..v6, 229.
thanks

A chip wont make the light go off. You need to diagnose why its on and fix the problem

web site

Jim,

Did you give up your web site? It hasn't responded in days of trying to load it.

I had a cooling fan go bad and havent had the time to fix it.

Maybe this weekend

Fan

Gotcha on the fan.

I got the e-mailed form you sent me (getwood@intergate.com) and filled it out. It goes out in tomorrows mail with a check for you.

Thanks in advance, Jeff

Back