You can type here any text you want

Looking for chrome alternator

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

89mulletbird

It appears my alternator is only the 105 amp version. I thought TTA's came stock with 130's?

Anyways, has anyone found a compatible chrome alternator for the TTAs? It looks like we use the same alternator as the 93-94 5.7L birds?

Any info is appreciated, thanks!

DAve

I've heard that the alternator is the same as the GN's. Chrome alternators are readily available.

I'm not 100% sure, but that's what I swear I've read.

That being said, either way, be SURE upgrade the cables to the battery and such to AT LEAST 4 gauge. Anything less would likely melt with a higher output alternator.

Better to be safe than sorry.

HTH

Michael

Is it charging your battery?

If so, chances are its ok.

Dont pay attention to the reading on the scanmaster for battery volts. Since that voltage is not read from the battery. If on the scanmaster you get 12volts WOT your alt is ok. Anything under 12volts on the scanmaster..I would be concerned.

10.8 on scanmaster over 13 at battery

Yeah, my scanmaster shows pretty low , down to 10.8 with accessories on. I'm guessing the wires coming through the firewall get warm and attain a big voltage drop. I measured at the battery 13+ volts.

I think I am just trying to find an excuse to get a shiny chrome one haha.

Back