You can type here any text you want

Looking for contact info....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Techljh

Does anyone know how to get in contact of Gary Oswald - from Street Performance? He used to be in Park Ridge, Elk Grove Village Illinois. Latest I heard he moved out to Rockford. Just curious, I sold him my car in the late 90's and was wondering if the current owner was interested in selling. I wish I kept the VIN number to track it down. Thanks

DIAZ 87 said:
WAS IT A WHITE T-TYPE
It was a:
87 GN with @23k miles when sold (@1997-8ish)
It did have a unique blue pinstripping on it
Super clean!
Are those your videos on you tube, Diaz? It's one of the reasons I want my car back!!!

I used to go to his house when he was in Park Ridge as he worked on my TR's and later when he had his shop in EGV. Been years since I have seen him. I also heard he moved to Rockford and I think he got away from working on Buick's.

No, he still works on them but not as many. Gary is up there in age so what use to take a day takes four now. He still does motors, and some other things. He is a parts warehouse too lol. His son has a job in another field and I'm not sure if he still has time for the Buicks but last I heard he was still driving the Black Camaro. I will contact Gary and see if its cool to post his number.

Spoke with him a moment ago. He said the chances of him remembering the car, and who he sold it to are almost non-existent. He does not have records of that stuff anymore. He said he is a good source for blocks, heads, cranks, and stock brackets for those stock parts you can't find. I asked him was it safe to say he has retired for Buicks and his answer was Yes. As for finding your car I would suggest you contact the Secretary of State and the will have the cars and VINs you have had registered in Illinois. A police department may assist you in that too. From there, you can Autocheck(Carfax) and google the VIN which should lead you very close to its location. Now 97 was a while ago so I will like to see what condition its in now. Let me know if you need anymore help and best of luck in your search!!

Would it ring a bell if u told him...???,
He drove to Evanston on Chicago Ave, to check out a car at a auto repair shop? It was clean '87 Buick grand national under a cover, parked inside on the ramp going up. He actually worked on it Prior to buying it for basic mods. When I peeled back the car cover I saw the $$$ signs in his eyes. Im sure he Flipped it for a good profit . How many cars did he own/sell have a blue pinstripping?
Not necessary looking for current Buick grand nationalowner, but just a lead.
My contact info is techljh@gmail if he wants it.

Did the car have a custom design painted into the quarter glass area or just a pinstripe?

It did have a design on the sides and back of trunk. The stripping was on it when I bought it from a guy in Chicago. Dave Maslo I think his name was. I think he purchased it from Kasch Fine cars

Techljh said:
It did have a design on the sides and back of trunk. The stripping was on it when I bought it from a guy in Chicago. Dave Maslo I think his name was. I think he purchased it from Kasch Fine cars

Car also had a dual oil filter in the right front area

GNX type dash? What did the design look like? Quick 6 or something like that with a purpleish blue color?

jasjamz said:
GNX type dash? What did the design look like? Quick 6 or something like that with a purpleish blue color?

Standard dash. Design was more of a scroll look no words/letters. More blue then purple

Back