You can type here any text you want

Looking for Goodyear zr50 tires

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87NAT

In Between GN's
Any of you guys have any 255 or 245/50-16's that you want to get rid of. Let me know. I want some for my GTA wheels.

Ed

I bought 2 sets of tires form 2 different individuals. Ones set is "ZR50" and the other is "ZR50 GS-C". I am kinda bummed. I thoght they would have the same thread pattern but they dont.:mad: Which is the correct thread pattern for the GNX?

Looks like I might still be on the look out for a pair to match one set that I already have.....255's or 245's.

Gatorback tread design can be found at Goodyear Eagle ZR Gatorback

Thanks for the link. The GS-C's are a little different from the ZR50. I know I am being anal about this but I am getting my GTA's refinished and my car is a low mile, showcar condition vehicle. I want everything to match. I guess it really shouldnt matter what I put on the rears because I can light them up at over 65mph....:cool:

Tire Age

I guess it really shouldnt matter what I put on the rears because I can light them up at over 65mph....

Ed,
Apparently it does make a difference as to which tires you use. I replaced my VR's with ZR's about '93 and since that time thought nothing about racing down the highway. However, recent articles (see post http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/general-turbo-buick-tech/258161-tire-safety-no-joke.html) indicate tires older than 6 years deteriorate and can disintegrate on the road....much to the surprise of the driver (also see discussion at Tirerack.com...Tire Tech at Tire Rack. Thus I no longer will depend upon the safety of these 15 year old tires even though I don't see any dry rot.
Kirban just ran a comment in last week's newsletter about this. If you are running old tires, keep this in mind.

I am more about the look than anything else. I dont drive my car on the interstate unless I am going to the track. Thats when I switch wheels. I have a brand new set of weld wheels with brand new MT frontrunners and MT ET Street radials for the back. The old Goodyears are more for the nostalgia. I dont street race(I am too old for that:eek: ). BUT if I have my Et Streets on all the time I would be tempted.:) The Goodyears are going to work for the purpose that I need them for. I only drive my car on the weekends or to car shows and I usually have my little boy with me also.

So that being said I will not be making any WOT runs up to or over 100mph on those old tires. It is nice to fry them at any speed sometimes though. It really blows peoples mind to see a car smoking the tires at 60 mph!!

I have access to eight p255-50-r16 vr50 Gatorbacks. Four are almost new- they still have the nubs on the tread and one tire still shows what remains of the sticker. The other set of four have the nubs on the sidewall and little bit of nubbage on the tread. I'll see the owner this weekend for a price if you're interested. He also has two 245-50-zr15 Eagle GS C tires.

Mark

Back