looking for help

corymc

i am tired of messing with my TR i am gonna take it to a shop i live in bay city and am thinking of taking it all the way down to Aggressive Auto near detroit does anybody else know a place where i could possibly go that may be a little closer but im sick of taking it to someone who claims to know about the cars and messes it up worse than it was before i got it and do nothing for me.

Hey Cory, what all is wrong with it? Maybe we can help without having to take it somewhere?

There are probably a few other TR people in your area too that could come diagnose its woes.

Let me know, I might be able to assist.

Bill

Cory,

We talked eariler this spring/summer via PM's - I'm still willing to take a look at it, and I'll give you a no BS run down of what you need to make the car run right.

I'm about an hour drive from you.

Jeremy

Cory, you have mail too.

Jeremy, let me know if and when you go and I can tag along too if you want.

ok

i was gone for a few days had to go and do a reasearch paper for school somewhere. And i am pretty busy this weekend and probably next. but i want to get on my car before i put it away. I can find out when i will have time i have no problems driving anywhere within a few hours cuz the car runs good just coughs under boost. my number is (989) 225 6673 if you want to call me its my cell phone but i will be at work fri-sunday and i get out at 7pm. but i dont know thursdays are open for me but i will see if i can switch a day at work to accomendat you guys schedule.

Brian from the board is also from Bay City and he has a Nice GN by the way Came over last night and we hooked my car up to his scanmaster and everything was within the limits on the sheet that it came with except the car was running rich and one of the air things was low if he gets on here and maybe he can post the numbers cuz i dont remember all the readings.
Blms were 128
the thing that is supposed to be .42 at idle was .50
and thats all i can remmebr right now
we hooked up his ls1 maf and translator to see if that would help but it didnt change anything he said he also had the same problem and he said he changed the o2 sensor and the maf and it ran fine after that.
I went to the ac delco parts retailer and bought a gnx o2 sensor today which was $50 but i heard they work better so i got it. i hopefully will have time to swap that out tommorow and post my findings thanks to everybody who has offered any help to me

I changed the o2 sensor this afternoon and took it for about a ten mile or so ride and it still is no better so that didnt work any thing else?

well my cruise isnt hooked up and i looked at brians and mine was a lil bit different i also have vaccum brakes on my car but none that i have found i changed some of the dry rotted vaccum lines already

how is your fuel pressure.
You haven't replaced the chip have you?

You say this all started when the front cover was off? What all has to be disconnected to take the front cover off? Anyone?

i put a new chip in it when i changed the injectors but i may go swap the other one back in it

ok

So tonight i changed the chip back to the stock one and the chugging under boost stopped. The car idles a lil rough now. But the problem now is that i cant get over 5# boost like when the other chip would chug this just goes till redline and shifts. So now why am i only getting 5# of boost i think i am going to order a chip from turbo tweak tonight if i can get ahold of him. but im gonna post in the general tech to and i hope i can get some help

i bought a thdp and test for my car cuz its pretty much narrowed down to the cat being plugged or the turbo is just shot. neither one bothers me becuase i was going to change both this spring but im going to be tring the dp after i get my new wastegate in. then i will see. oh yeah im trying to just find a used chip for stock injectors cuz i dont want to spend alot just to change it when i get it back out this spring

how does it idle and run? cuz the stock chip i put back in idles and runs like crap ,well rough. let me know about sending you some money for it
Hey is that reds pump work good for you? im thinking about getting one of those but not sure what one to get

HEy Good news for me

well after doing every little thing to try to get my car running right i bought a thdp a few weeks ago and never had any time to put it on and when i took the cat off it was all broken up and clogged like a mofo. so after all this time it was the cat.
My car runs like a raped ape now 20lbs of boost sideways in second still its an animal i also got a reds 93 chip for it

Good to hear Cory - ditch the Reds chip and get something modern, and you'll be all smiles