You can type here any text you want

Looking for informed Product opinions...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbo39151

anycoloraslongasitsblack
I have recently re-installed a stock CSII deck back into my GN. My stock speakers are all crap.

I would like to install a new set of speakers but want to keep it cheap but somewhat decent. I rarely drive the car but when I do I can't use the stereo- it's more for show...:cool:

I've found Kicker and Lanzar speakers (4x10 for the rear) on ebay.

And Lanzar 5.25 for the doors- Mounting depth is 2.6" (Is that too deep?) also on ebay.

(I'm avoiding stuff like pyramid and pyle)

From what I recall from the "old days", lanzar and kicker were ok products.

I also like Boston and Alpine but they're a bit more pricey. I also only plan to use the power from the deck. I can run an amp if it is necessary but I'm trying to keep this as a low budget build...

Also, I recall seeing someone stuff a monsterous speaker in the dash and it actually fit (the magnet was huge!) I searched but could not find it anywhere... Can anyone tell me the brand??

I'd like to keep all the same brand and keep the install to a simple plug and play. (ie: no component sets). Also, I am of the understanding that this is a 4ohm system. Am I correct?

Can you experts chime in and give me opinions on the brands I'm considering and if you might make different choices?

TIA:)

For most street driven cars (not sound quality competitors) consider this;
try to go to 6x9 rear, you will like them more, better selection, more mid bass, and you can still get them in coaxial. If you are CSII, 3.5" in dash (i have 4" that will not fit), and 5.25 in door. For value and quality I recommend Polk db series for all 3 locations.....very good bang for the buck!
If you wanna step up a tad more try the Polk MM series (but 3.5" are only in db)
polkaudio.com

Powerbass products are excellent quality for reasonable prices. My WE4 has all Powerbass speakers and subs.

Back