You can type here any text you want

looking for my ECM

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Regallager(CND)

Pulled the lower passenger panel thinking my ECM would have been there and it wasnt:confused: It doesnt look like it is missing, i dont see any unpluged stuff which makes me think im looking in the wrong place.
Can anyone enlighten me would i should look for the ECM in a 1980 sport coupe, so far ive looked in passenger side and it not on the shroud so its prolly on the drivers side but wanted to confirm before i jack my neck and have cruddys fall in my eyes again:eek:
Thanks,
Mark

pics of plug that goes no where, carb and cap

Does this look like a ECM setup? any help would be great thanks

Attachments

• 100-0026_IMG.jpg
    100-0026_IMG.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 87
  • 100-0029_IMG.jpg
    100-0029_IMG.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 86
  • 100-0030_IMG.jpg
    100-0030_IMG.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 92
You don't have a "puter" so to speak. You have a "turbo control center". It's located under the dash on the drivers side.

You don't have a "puter" so to speak. You have a "turbo control center". It's located under the dash on the drivers side.

So the TCC is some what like a ECM?, does the TCC still use the accelometer/knock and lock up the tranny? Sorta on a mission with this one but as far as i know im not getting any advance in timing.
Can you scan the TCC like a ECM to see what happening?

Sorry for all the questions im trying to know what im talking about before my meeting with a GM mechanic "friends friend" that went to school in 81' for these systems
thanks
Mark

So the TCC is some what like a ECM?, does the TCC still use the accelometer/knock and lock up the tranny? Sorta on a mission with this one but as far as i know im not getting any advance in timing.
Can you scan the TCC like a ECM to see what happening?

Sorry for all the questions im trying to know what im talking about before my meeting with a GM mechanic "friends friend" that went to school in 81' for these systems
thanks
Mark

The early systems are very crude and are more mechanical than electronic. You can't scan them but it's easy to diagnose them. You need a timing light to see if you're getting advance under load. Put the car in gear and have someone hold the brake while pressing on the gas pedal. Check the timing at idle and as you accelrate the engine. If you want to find the TCC then look for a set of wires coming off the distributor and going to the firewall. The wires come through and to the TCC.

Back