You can type here any text you want

Looking for preliminary upgrade advice

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Dan SS2471

Here is the car's current setup:

Engine/Exhaust:
-rebuilt about 3k miles ago
-204/214 cam - flat tappet
-ported stock heads
-steel center main caps
-double roller timing set
-020 forged JE pistons
-60# mototron injectors
-hotwired Walbro
-3" LT-1 MAF with translator
-TurboTweak chip
-160* t-stat with billet neck
-Caspers cam sensor cap
-3" ATR downpipe
-Turbonetics Evolution wastegate with in-car adjustability
-test pipe with cutout
-Hooker 2.5" catback
-Rebuilt G-80 rear

Stock turbo set @ #18s max right now, stock trans and converter.

Can't make any baseline passes because the trans needs to be rebuilt. Or I should say it's flaring up at WOT and when it warms up it hesitates to shift on th 2-3 and whines a bit.

First question..based on cars with comparible mods, let's say running at Atco or Englishtown, what would be a good guesstimate as to what it will turn in good air on street tires. Then perhaps throw on some 555Rs or MT ET Streets.

As far going forward, am I assuming if I go bigger turbo, that the way it's currently configured, that it's got sufficient fuel...? If I were aiming for high 10s, what size turbo would be the right fit. Also, since the trans needs to come out for a rebuild, what would be the recommended converter based on bigger turbo? Final question is...based on the re-build specs, how much boost would be considered to still be 'safe' assuming the engine is tuned correctly.

Thanks in advance and I hope I'm not asking too many questions. I have done a lot of reading but am having a hard time putting 2+2 together with this exact combo.

Dan

Every car is different. I would definalty get the trans rebuilt, higher stall converter, and a more efficient turbo. Your 60ft will suck with street tires, Get MT radials. I'm not really sure what it will run. Get the mechanical stuff squared away first, then take it to the strip.

Talk to some of the vendors here and see what combo of turbo, and converter would be good for your car. As far as boost goes, If you spray alky, and dont detonate easy 25#'s.

Every car is different. I would definalty get the trans rebuilt, higher stall converter, and a more efficient turbo. Your 60ft will suck with street tires, Get MT radials. I'm not really sure what it will run. Get the mechanical stuff squared away first, then take it to the strip.

Talk to some of the vendors here and see what combo of turbo, and converter would be good for your car. As far as boost goes, If you spray alky, and dont detonate easy 25#'s.

Trans is on the near term list. Was asking about the converter because I figured I'd 'build for the future' and take care of installing one that is compatible with a bigger turbo while I had the trans out.

Thanks for the input.

Dan

Back