You can type here any text you want

Looking for rpms at 65 to 70mph while cruising

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

bttwracing86T

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE 6!
Anyone have any idea and stupid question but the 200r4 is a 4 speed trans with od so does that really mean after 4th there's od

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Anyone have any idea and stupid question but the 200r4 is a 4 speed trans with od so does that really mean after 4th there's od

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

No, 4th is overdrive. The converter locks though, if you have a lock up converter still, and it may feel like another gear change but it isn't.

about 2300 is memory serves. That's 4th gear TC locked with stock tire height and 3.42s

So any ideas on rpm @65 mph

Sent from my XT907 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

In OD with the TCC locked it will be right around 1987 RPM at 65 MPH. At 70 MPH around 2175 RPM. Note that this is with non-stock rear tires.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Hrmm my car is running 3200 to 3500 with combo below

Well your sig shows NON LOCK converter so its not locking up you have no Overdrive..Stay off the highway just cruise your going to overheat the trans/converter if you drive it like that for long periods of time.

You've still got OD with a non lock, just going to run a couple 100 RPMs more over the road.

Keep in mind before factory 4speeds and lock up converters everybody on the interstate was 1:1 with TC slip.

Well your sig shows NON LOCK converter so its not locking up you have no Overdrive..Stay off the highway just cruise your going to overheat the trans/converter if you drive it like that for long periods of time.

the torque converter lockup is a different thing than the overdrive...

Well damn that's why I guess I gotta figure out a way to stay off highways. And I guess I need to get a transmission temp gauge. Thanks

I'm in 4th I have no 3rd or reverse for now

Back