You can type here any text you want

losing vacuum

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jimski

In over my head
My vents keeps swicting from dash to defrost and air coming out of the bottom under throttle.
I have the vacuum line hooked up to the port before the turbo should i hook it up to the carb vacuum some where

It should be hooked up to the plenum Jim. It should be manifold vacuum (between turbo and carb) and you should also have a vacuum ball in the system to keep the vents from loosing vacuum.

It should be hooked up to the plenum Jim. It should be manifold vacuum (between turbo and carb) and you should also have a vacuum ball in the system to keep the vents from loosing vacuum.

I have it hooked up between the carb and turbo, there are 2 ports there weird stuff. Thecaralso has the vacuum ball hooked up

I have it hooked up between the carb and turbo, there are 2 ports there weird stuff. Thecaralso has the vacuum ball hooked up

Then the selector switch is going bad or the ball is bad. Pull the small line off the ball and see if it's holding vacuum or not.

do you have a picture that show where all the vac lines go?

I will take 1 in the daytime of the current setup i have. It is a swap into a olds cutlass so no original vacuum lines are hooked up no emission junk either. I have the hvac vacuum hooked up before the turbo on 1 of the 2 ports next to the quadrajet that suck vacuum.

I am thinking about putting the line to the large port in back of the quadrajet where the brake booster goes on a n/a car.Then it will be even farther away from the turbo.

When im pressing the gas the boost gauge goes from vacuum to boost only then u feel the dash vents swicth, if im off the gas it goes right back to dash vents.

a while back some one had a diagram where all the lines went wish i could find that. i have had issues with my AC too.

Back