You can type here any text you want

Lost Brake Pressure !!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Boy Buick85

Hey guys, I was driving home and i lost all brake pressure, my pedal was like a pendulum if i pushed it , it would swing very loosly. any way, checked under the car and their was no sighn of brake fluid ANY WHERE ???:confused: . Then I checked the reservoir and it was low so:confused: , on top of that no idiot lights, NOT EVEN A MALFUNCTION CODE :confused: :confused: . previous to this when i would press the pedal my belt would squeek. EVEN WEIRDER ..... I STILL HAVE POWER STEARING :confused:. can any one give me some insight

Sounds like you have hydroboost instead of the PowerMaster in that 85 Turbo Regal(?).
The computer would not throw a trouble code.
There are no computer functions in our vehicles for brake diagnostics.

If your brake fluid was low in the bowl, you have a leak somewhere or you have no pads/shoes left. Check under the car for leaks. Check you pads and shoes. Check your lines. If you lost your brakes all of a sudden, definetely check your lines. One may have ruptured.

Belt squealing was your TR talking to you. It needs attention.

Well THEIR IS NO FLUID ANYWHERE !!! My Reservoir is not empty on the side closest to the driver it is almost full, the other one is about a quarter full. I also forgot to mention that before it went out the pedal began to stick. A friend of mine suggested that the pin under the dash to the brake pedal could have broken :confused: if so how do i get to it ???

If the 85's are like te 87's, you have to remove the lower dash panel and you can get to the pedal mechanics to check the pin and lever arm.
It could explain your problem as you don't have a leak.

I would get the pin before you even check to see if that is what the problem is . I am a big guy getting to the pedal is not very comfortable . If you get yourself under there replace the pin while youre under the car . Remove the panel right in front of you pull your seat all the way back and then slide on your back or get on your knees and look under and you will see it . Wear long sleeves the plastic will cut you up a little . I used long long nose pliers to reach it and pull it out , I had some rust on the hole so I used a little lubricant to get it to slide back on . Good luck

so when i am on the floor board and i am looking up at the pedal, thats the panel i need to remove ?

so when i am on the floor board and i am looking up at the pedal, thats the panel i need to remove ?

Yes. It's the under side panel that the pedals stick through. Should give you plenty of access to the pedals and the fusebox.

WD40, 3n1 oil, spray grease, something to give that point lubrication.

Back