You can type here any text you want

Lost GN Keys

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87gnjake

I lost my GN keys. I got in the door with a coat hanger but have no ignition key. Luckily the car is in my garage! What is the best way to get another key for the ignition. The door locks I can pull out and take to a locksmith. I wasn't sure about the ignition key? I know I should have made some duplicates but just never got it done. The car is a 1987 Buick Grand National. Any help would be appreciated. Thx

Call a locksmith

With your key code he should be able to make a set on the spot ..

Yes the column has to be taken apart and the ignition cylinder removed to make the key. Also, if you call a locksmith on site they shouldn't have to remove the door lock to make the key (at least I hardly ever do)

Don't know your area, but I charge $150 to come on site and make both keys.

I charge about $40 if the customer has removed the locks and bring to my shop.

Good luck

My wife is being a c*** and took my ignition and door key. So I can get a new from GM dealership or have a locksmith come out?

I have a brand new blackout Delco ignition lock with two keys. $45 shipped to your door.

cheaper than a locksmith and you'll have a new lock. (and if anybody has your old keys, they can't drive off with the car)

s-l1600.jpg

I have a brand new blackout Delco ignition lock with two keys. $45 shipped to your door.

cheaper than a locksmith and you'll have a new lock. (and if anybody has your old keys, they can't drive off with the car)

s-l1600.jpg
This is what I did when someone tried stealing my gn. They forced a screw driver in the cylinder and broke it. The column was fine just a broken lock cylinder.

A good lock smith can tell the cuts needed on the key . I dealt with a guy would put his pick in the tumbler and go cut the key. Hard to find good locksmiths . for what they will charge I would buy the ignition lock from above. Pretty easy to install. The door code might be on glove box tumbler.

If you have an electric popper for your trunk open it and take the lock out. It’s the easiest one to remove. Take it to a locksmith and they will make you new keys. Easier and cheaper to do in shop. I would just replace the ignition with a new one since she has the key. Don’t want anybody taking the car the easy way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back