Lost my Brakes!

Mike Mags

Let me fill you in: Here's what happened, cruising along about 40mph and my brake light goes on, hmmmmm thats strange, everything seems to be ok, I pull my emergency brake lever and nothing, light still on. I put on the emergency brake and then release it with the lever, light still on. I cruise along some more for about 5 minutes. I go to slow down and now I have no brakes, I'm able to stop by Pressing really hard on the pedal to slow down. I have the original power master system.
what's going on? I see no signs of a bake fluid leak.

here's some other background which i think is probably the start of this problem. i brought my car in last week to GM and my rear main seal fixed. I also had all the brakes done, new pads and rotors resurfaced. Could having my brakes done be the cause of this problem? Would the tech need to add fluid for doing a routine brake job.? I thought maybe it's overfilled.
If i can't resolve this problem with the help of you guys, the car will have to go back to GM. I hope it's something simple. I hav'nt had any problems with the brakes before.
Thanks guys!

This is probably the start of parts replacement on your PowerMaster. It could be the fuse, it could be the accumulator, it could be the switch, it could be the pump motor. Check out gnttype. There are diagnostic steps to go through. You might hit it the first time, you might not. If you think you need an accumulator, I have one cheap. I bought one for mine and it didn't fix it so I don't need it. My loss, your gain. I ended up going vacuum.