You can type here any text you want

Lost my cool

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
87geeinn said:
Razor,

Is the GN and TTA system that much different? I thought even though this was done on a TTA, it could be modified for a GN. I know your an electrical guru, so is it possible?

If I converted, to r134a, how stock appearing is that? As far as depriciating the value of the car, I EVER plan on getting rid of my baby.

Different cars.. different physically everything. Wiring is a non-issue.

r134a is a gas.. you cant see it since its inside your AC lines. So how does that affect stock appearing?

Thanks Quicky One!

Julio,

Doh! I meant "(N)EVER get rid of my baby." I was referring to the aftermarket accumulators that are usually silver as opposed to the black ones found on GNs. I suppose if one were hell-bent on keeping the stock look you could paint or get the accumulator powdercoated.

BTW, has anyone had any success with the cheapy R12 to R134A kits that are found at most auto parts stores? I don't see how these can work without swapping the accumulator, orifice tube, and compressor oil. In the fine print, it says that the mixture in the kit will mix fine with the old mineral oil, etc. :confused:

Also, how much $ would I be looking at to get my system properly converted including leak test and everything. Mine hasn't been touched for years. The compressor still works if you jump the pressure switch out. Furthermore, could I save a couple bucks by slapping a new accumulator and orifice tube in there myself and, eh-hem..."evacuating," any R12 that might be left in the system? There is just a little hiss when I hit the high and low schrader valves. So, to me the system might not be leaking, but just too low for the compressor to kick on, etc.

I realize I'm way off topic, so I'll make this my last post in this forum :redface:

Back