You can type here any text you want

Lost to a Mustang last night

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1badTTA

Resident Smart A$$
OK, first things first, I was in total street trim, 30psi in the nitto's, 15psi of boost, 91 octane...............

This mustang gets up next to me in traffic on my way home from work and gives me a few revs. I look over and get on it for a sec but with all the traffic couldnt really do anything. He got behind me and follows me into the turn lane and we both turn left. The traffic road was alot clearer so we both get on it but there is a stoplight about 1/4 mile away that is red. We line up and I build about 3psi and the tires start spinning (S**T I should have let the air back out) so I back it down to about 2psi and the light changes. I still managed to spin through 1st and he gets about 1&1/2 lengths on me. I made up a length but couldnt pull him anymore. We get to about 75 and I am still at his door and we both shut down. I wave him over into the neighborhood and he follows. We pull off and talk for a few, he is all sorts of surprised that a V6 could hang with him and I am impressed that he could run with me.

Now mind you this wans't a newer 5.0, It was a '69 or '70 fastback with a nicely built 351 with some nice goodies on it. He has run low 14's with no posi and traction so the car should be good for mid 13's which mine will run all day long in street trim.
The part that really got me was this was a young kid and his friend that had to get back home because of curfew!!!

Oh well, I didn't mind losing this race since it was a nicely built car with quite a bit of work done to it. Besides it gets boring stomping all the little ricers and 5.slows (and now the 4.sux's)

If only I had .........................LOL

OK OK OK
I will let some air out of the tires (aired them up for a road trip) and install an alky kit if you guys will loan me the money for one :D :eek:

Hell, just letting the air out of the tires would have hammered the guy off the line and then I would have won....................

110 mph at 13.32? At that mph I was in the mid/low 12s... at the track... with MT ET Streets at 13psi with tubes in 'em... 24 psi boost... transbrake...
I though 25psi was best air pressure for the Nittos on the street.
I can launch at 7-8 psi boost with 25psi in my Nittos--on a dry, clean street. Ran a 12.6 at 110 on the G-Tech the other day. Of course the G-Tech seems to give higher MPH than the track does, but that goes to emphasize my point.
Keith

There's no dishonor in losing to a Mustang.

On the other hand, if you lose to a ricer... :eek:

Back